Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
Bring your talent and passion to Lateral – develop your skills, build an extraordinary career, and play a key role in creating solutions that transform organizations and communities around the world.
What’s special about this role?
- Work for a company committed to quality
- Learn from architects and world-class experts
- Flexibility and room to grow
You know the difference. It’s a lot more than just programming, how does one design systems that are reusable, extensible, secure.
When you hear this word, your heart skips a beat because you identify with others in pursuit of greatness. The chase never stops, the chase never ends, it is who you are: a driver for doing things right because they are the right things to do (even when nobody is looking). You improve constantly (through learning and practice), just how you help other colleagues and businesses improve.
Quality means caring, quality means respect for yourself and for your profession.
In broad strokes these types of people strive at Lateral, people who care. If you are reliable, smart, thoughtful, kind, supportive human being, you might just have found a home here.
Resonate with that? Friendly and always seeing the glass half full? Let's talk.
Send us examples of projects and artifacts of your work (projects portfolio, redacted documents eg system design/diagrams/GitHub) and / or a bio, materials of your own craft. We care more about your work and attitude than the name of the university you attended, or the brands associated with your resume.
We are an award-winning, independent, design technology company with excellent clients and exciting work. We exist because we want to do things correctly and consistently in a broken software industry.
With over 300 people spread around the world, we work across design and technology, bringing more purpose, authenticity, and delight to our customers.
Design and build great products.
Design and build software with a focus on quality.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design technical solutions (Detailed Design and related documentation)
- Build software using C#
- Develop strategies and contribute to company-wide initiatives
- Foster best practices and maintain regular reporting and work progress
- Communicate and share information with other team members and stakeholders
- Mentor other developers
Experience, Qualifications, Skills, and Technologies:
- 8 or more years of experience with C# .Net, SQL Server
- Formal education in programming (Bachelor, Masters, PhD)
- Programming fundamentals – deep understanding and proficiency in concepts such as OOP, SOLID, Design Patterns (GoF and more)
- Experience and knowledge in a high-load distributed systems in aspects such as resilience, high-availability, scalability, data consistency
- Nice to have: DevOps CI/CD skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytical and patient, fast learner and willing to embrace challenges
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Committed to quality
What we offer:
- The chance to work with a team committed to quality
- The bliss to sit alongside special people who will make you want #foreverMonday
- * Offsite(s) abroad that you’ll never forget (Think San Francisco, Tokyo, Transylvania, — We’ve done them all and the world is not big enough for the ones to come)
- Significant growth opportunities
- Remote work (or office if you’d like)
- Performance-based bonuses
- Wedding and new baby bonus
- Some money every month (good to cover all your bills and more)
Through a combination of hard work, luck, and coffee we have managed to create one of the most wonderful companies here. This is your chance to get in!
You can see who we are and what we do at http://lateral-inc.com/ and, if you’re interested, we’d very much like to talk to you. Ah and don't forget sending us a portfolio of work (projects, example artifacts (Detailed Design, System design etc).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,431.00 - $128,941.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Performance bonus
- 5 years
Work Location: Remote