Senior Software Engineer
We Put the World on VacationAt Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a focus on vacation ownership, travel memberships, and exchange programs, we’re shaping the future of leisure travel by creating new possibilities for vacationers. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
The Sr. Full Stack Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of multiple applications within the application portfolio. The Developer will provide the technical expertise on the design and construction of new and existing modules as well as the use of appropriate development tools and data flows across the full stack (UI, API, middleware, micro-services, ETL, etc.). Interact with technical leads, business analysts, solution architects and other development teams. Provide SME knowledge, technical planning expertise in the areas of application design, software development, performance, testing, implementation, and infrastructure. The Developer is also responsible for the quality of the application code and adheres to the relevant coding standards and established patterns.
How You'll Shine:
- Performs analysis, design, development and implementation of IT strategic applications and data services. Help with solution design efforts and impact analysis for varying sizes of critical applications and ensures standard operating procedures are being followed.
- Analyzes complex business and systems requirements, and designs solutions for applications, data, processes, interfaces, controls, outputs, environment, infrastructure tools/utilities.
- Ensures that disruption to applications is minimized through analysis, planning and testing of proposed software fixes and updates and adherence to strict change management processes. Conduct deep dive analysis of application issues across the full stack (UI, middleware, microservices, data) and recommend solutions.
- Assist application services teams with technical support when required between Applications and other IT technical engineering groups, including operational, maintenance and modification of interfaces and reports, as well as general technical modifications.
- Anticipates and identifies potential problems before they occur and implements solutions and schedules and prioritizes work, minimizing impact on projects and users.
- Ability to bridge architecture and development workforce in implementing solutions with sufficient infusion of architectural constructs, standards and best practices.
Planning work for teams to ensure IP retention within T+L Ability to work with vendor delivery teams and contractors in delivery practice to ensure quality software product delivery
Ability to understand a variety of T+L standard technologies and frameworks
Ability to understand and retain SME level knowledge in a portfolio across several portfolios to be part of the IP stewards for T+L
Availability and ability to collaborate with stakeholders in person and via electronic collaboration technologies to ensure sufficient team participation
Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager
Conduct peer-reviews and lead reviews and provide feedback
Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports.
Clarify all unknown areas, which are communicated by stakeholders
Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, enhance and document components.
Able to debug the code independently on need basis for any high priority Production issue.
Develop by self and others as per the requirements and detailed design
Conduct thorough unit testing, code reviews and integration testing for the whole system
Ability to estimate the work for both effort and duration.
What You'll Bring:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / Computer Science, Business.
Master’s degree is a plus.
Experience with major application development languages (Java preferred or .NET C#)
Experience in one or more of the following technologies Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring Web MVC, Hibernate, RESTful, JSON, Angular JS, etc.
N- Tier Application design, UX/UI Experience
Proficiency in analysis/design methods and techniques including UML, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams
Experience with highly integrated application systems\platforms, data flows, and business processes.
Strong SQL experience
Experience or strong understanding with Services (micro-services, SOA, API)
Experience or strong understanding with ETL tool (Informatica preferred, SSIS, Mulesoft, or similar)
Deep understanding of SOLID design patterns, SOA principles and its implementation methodologies (Oracle Fusion experience, a plus)
Familiarity with Data modeling / design experience
Experience with XML and enterprise integration technologies including Web Services (SOAP/WSDL)
Experience in formal software development methodologies.
Experience with Integration technologies i.e. Apache Camel or Fusion is plus.
Experience with Java Message Service i.e. Apache Kafka or Rabbit MQ is preferred.
Experience with continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
Experience with CI/CD software such as GitOps, GitLab, Jenkins, TFS, etc.
Experience with code quality software such as SonarQube
Experience with AWS or Azure Cloud integration
7+ years’ experience as a software architect, systems analyst, software engineer of which 2+ yrs must be in a technical lead role capacity
Experience working in Large Hospitality Industry is Preferred.
Experience in business process improvement and systems convergence initiatives.
Experience working with offshore development teams and guide them throughout the software development Lifecycle.
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.A strong candidate has been identified for this position.
How You'll Be Rewarded:
We offer a diverse range of comprehensive health and welfare benefits to associates who work 30 or more hours per week to meet your needs and support you throughout your career with us. Travel + Leisure Co. benefits include:
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and accident coverage
- Depending on position, paid time off, parental leave and holidays (speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Wish day paid time to volunteer at an approved organization of your choice
- 401k with employer match (subject to eligibility requirements, including tenure - speak to your recruiter for additional information)
- Legal and identify theft plan
- Voluntary income protection benefits
- Wellness program (subject to provider availability)
- Employee Assistance Program
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.