Be part of a team that is proud to collaborate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable – both in our parks and behind the scenes!
Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: The Solutions Architect’s role is to design application architecture for specified projects to meet security, performance, reliability, reusability, scalability, and maintainability requirements. Project work includes participating in and designing solution options to existing platforms, systems, applications and microservices. This individual will also be involved design of new systems and platforms. Responsible for leading technical discussions with stakeholders and others to drive decisions and solution design. Coach and guide agile delivery teams through technical solutions and work with product owners and product managers to implement end-to-end solutions. Maintain technical knowledge of UPR systems and act as a subject matter expert. Provide documentation and support to teams involved in the solution.
The Solutions Architect will have to work with cross functional teams that will include Product Owners, Data Architects, Delivery Teams, IT Security, DevOps, Infrastructure Teams and Agile Scrum Masters and others in the organization to succeed. Project work includes web applications, native mobile applications, microservices, DevOps, and platform design. This architect will have the opportunity to work on international enterprise multi park solutions.
- Solution Design – Where applicable, architect, design/develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated solution. Be a subject matter expert for development teams as part of implementation. Document and maintain the organizations existing solutions architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives. Review new and existing solutions design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans. Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources. Collaborate with Project Managers, vendors and IT stakeholders to provision estimates and develop overall implementation plan for installation, customization, and integration efforts. Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, sequence diagrams, swaggers, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Strategy Planning – Act as visionary and strategist for their solution domain area. Assist, design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate technology and software. Ensure that proposed and existing solution architectures are aligned with Data Architecture and Enterprise Architecture. Provide architectural expertise and direction to other architects, and software delivery teams. Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in solutions architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities. Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility. Provide technical assessments for new work efforts. Lead development of formalized solution methodologies. Build and maintain repository for deliverables and methodologies.
- Technical Collaboration – Confer with delivery teams, product team, or senior management to refine business requirements and collaborate on technical designs and resolve technical issues. Participate and actively engage with other architects and domain experts at the solution review board.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Lead or participate in major end-to-end business process re-engineering or business transformation initiatives.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into practical applications and operational solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to produce requirement artifacts: Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, data flow diagrams, UML modeling techniques include sequence, component, deployment and domain models.
- A background in software development with ability to code at some level and knowledge of APIs and SDKs.
- A technical architecture background. You understand at a high-level network design, routers, switches, firewalls, BGP, caching, SANs, servers, and operating systems form a part of the solution stack.
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Proven experience in system design and development.
- Proven experience in system and network design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrable experience in solution architecture
- Demonstrable experience in integration solution design.
- Aptitude to work as change agent that believes in a continuous improvement approach.
- Excellence in visual communication using modeling languages such as UML.
- Comprehensive understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC), continuous integration, agile software development methodologies, values and procedures.
- Excellence in architecture documentation skills.
- Strong experience with reverse proxies, web servers, gateways, service-oriented architectures, web services (REST), microservice patterns, service buses and integration patterns, security practices, database technologies.
- Proven experience with databases and data storage including NoSQL and SQL databases, along with in memory key value stores.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or similar essential required.
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of IT experience with large integrated projects; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Experience leading global enterprise engineering projects or teams is a plus. Familiarity with REST, Node.Js, .NET, NoSQL, SQL, native mobile applications, eventing patterns and microservices.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 years
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have 10+ years designing new interfaces from scratch which will be used as part of an integration
- Have you accumulated over 10 years of experience in utilizing Swagger and creating UML diagrams in your professional journey?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Solution architecture: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Orlando, FL 32819