CUES is the world's leading manufacturer of closed circuit television video (CCTV) inspection, rehabilitation, pipe profiling equipment and pipeline inspection/asset management software for sanitary and storm sewers, industrial process lines, and water lines. With our headquarters and manufacturing facility located in Orlando, FL, we dedicate over 70,000 square feet and over 400+ full time employees to serve and support our customers. Additional facilities with stocking warehouses and service personnel are located in southern and northern California, Georgia, Wisconsin, Oregon, and Ontario, Canada.
We offer excellent benefits:
- Tuition Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance Programs, Employee Assistance Programs
- Nine paid holidays plus Christmas Week shutdown!
- Eligible for 401k, Health, dental and vision, supplemental on 1st day.
- Begin accruing vacation and sick time on 1st day.
How you will make an Impact (Job Summary)
SPX is a diverse team of unique individuals who all make an impact. As a member of the engineering staff, the Software System Architect will play a crucial role in designing and architecting complex software systems that integrate cloud applications, edge Linux and windows applications, embedded systems, and future AI/machine learning/IoT applications. Your expertise will be essential for developing robust and scalable solutions to drive our product lines forward.
The role involves occasional travel and requires the ability to work within commercial and scientific teams. The successful candidate must be capable of high-level, project-oriented system design and analysis. The role requires the ability to take ownership of and be responsible for many simultaneous system deliverables.
What you can expect in this role (Job Responsibilities)
While each day brings new opportunities at SPX, your core responsibilities will be:
1. Development Design
- Architect, design, and oversee the implementation of software systems that interface with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure, local Linux applications and embedded microprocessor systems
- Architect end to end sensor system(s) with an IoT Infrastructure
- Develop and document architectural patterns, design principles, and best practices to guide the development team in creating high-quality, maintainable, and extensible software solutions
- Design and optimize relational and non-relational database structures, taking into consideration data modeling, performance, security, and scalability requirements
- Architect the integration of AI and machine learning components into existing and future product lines, ensuring seamless and efficient data flow, processing, and analysis
2. Collaboration Documentation
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including firmware/software engineers, product managers, UI/UX designers, and various departments to understand business requirements and translate them into scalable software architecture designs
- Work with a team of engineers in multiple locations around the world
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and refine technical requirements and communicate architectural decisions effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Contribute to multi-company architecture standards across SPX companies both vertically and horizontally
- Writes manufacturing and test procedures and reports. Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products, and support of existing products.
3. Continuous Improvement
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies, to evaluate their potential impact on our software architecture and product offerings.
- Continuously seek process improvement opportunities by identifying and recommending changes that improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in other projects as assigned that relate to the overall goals of the department and organization
What we are looking for (Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education)
We each bring something to the table, and we are looking for someone who has:
- Proven experience as a Software Systems Architect, demonstrating the successful design and implementation of complex software systems across cloud platforms, local applications, and embedded systems
- Strong proficiency in architecting solutions that integrate with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, with an understanding of cloud services and scalability
- Experience with Linux-based systems, including application development and deployment
- Proficiency in AI and machine learning concepts, with a demonstrated ability to integrate these technologies into software solutions. (nice to have)
- Experience in designing and optimizing relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra, Snowflake)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and version control systems
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with embedded systems and microprocessor architectures
- Exposure to at least one high level programming language (C++, C#)
- Familiarity with established Agile engineering design principles and practices
- Experience in architecting real-time/near real-time commination between embedded microprocessor system and Linux computers
- Experience in nested computing and intersystem communication
- Experience in database architecture would be a plus
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases would be a plus
- Strong Experience in C/C++ communications
- Strong Experience in TCP/IP communications
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate complex technical challenges
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to diverse audiences
- A proactive and collaborative mindset, with a passion for staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends
- Familiarity with standard Office Tools (Word, Excel, Acrobat)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field. Equivalent practical experience will also be considered
- Relevant certifications in cloud technologies (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect) and/or AI/machine learning (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch) are a plus
Travel Working Environment
- Monday – Friday work schedule
- Most work is performed in an office environment. Occasional trips to utility or contractor facilities for research and testing may also be required
- Occasional overnight travel is anticipated for this position, as necessary to perform required duties
Thank you for your interest in our company.