Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated IT professionals who will sustain, modernize and transform the enterprise IT capabilities for the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA). The National Security Space Sector of SAIC is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator Sr to support a transformational infrastructure program for DCSA.
SAIC is proud to be supporting DCSA in safeguarding our nation’s information. DCSA is the designated oversight authority on the accreditation of classified facilities, information systems, and the insider threat program. This involves security oversight of more than 10,000 companies and approximately 13,000 facilities involved in classified work throughout the DoD and 31 Federal agencies.
Specifically, on the DCSA One IT program, SAIC will provide an enterprise IT solution that delivers highly secured and adaptable IT infrastructure, provides customer support, and cutting-edge technologies that support operations and advance the DCSA mission under a single IT environment (i.e., One IT).
SAIC is looking to hire a talented Oracle Database Administrator Sr to manage our customer’s Oracle database system. You will be required to install and maintain the database software, create storage structures, set up user accounts, debug malfunctioning programs, create backups, and regularly maintain the database security.
To ensure success as an Oracle Database Administrator Sr, you should have extensive experience with DBA front-end and back-end tools, excellent problem-solving skills, and hands-on experience with Oracle database management. Ultimately, as a top-level Oracle DBA you will expertly manage our customer’s database system to maximize performance, security, and availability.
Oracle Database Administrator Sr Responsibilities:
- Installing and maintaining the Oracle 19c database software
- Oracle RAC deployment, patching, and administration
- Configuration, deployment, and management of Oracle Data Guard
- Creating storage database structures with high-level security features
- Altering storage structures to meet the evolving needs of the company
- Setting up database user accounts
- Training users on how to access the information in the database
- Finding and debugging malfunctioning programs affecting the database integrity
- Creating autonomous database backups
- Regularly updating the database security protocols
It is required that the Oracle Database Administrator Sr have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science
- Nine (9) or more years of experience. However, four (4) additional years of experience may be considered, in lieu of a degree.
- Top Secret (SCI eligible)
- Proven work experience as a Database administrator
- Proficient in Oracle 19c database architecture, coding, and documentation
- Oracle RAC experience
- Knowledge of database backup procedures, recovery systems, and SQL
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- IAT-II certification
- Master's degree
- Seven (7) or more years of experience
- Certification in Oracle database administration
- Knowledge of programming languages and API
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.