SAIC is currently seeking a motivated and energetic Automation Engineer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career. The Automation Engineer will participate in software testing, creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Plans, and Automated Test Scripts as well as other aspects of the software development lifecycle. The candidate will be responsible for developing and testing Java code as dictated by project requirement.
- Developing automation test scripts.
- Generating test data and performing Data Validation.
- Data interface message testing with JSON and XML message sets.
- Developing SQL or Unix scripts for test data generation or test harness automation.
- Execute regression, functional, and system testing.
- Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports.
- Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies, and generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies.
- Use modern software engineering IDEs including Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc. for design, development, and testing the software.
- Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field with 5+ years of testingexperience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS public trust requiring US Citizenship
- Java 8
- Spring Boot
- Rest Assured library for webservices
- Familiarity with UI automation tools/Cucumber
- Oracle/Postgres DB, PL/SQL
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.