Position Title: Engineer II, DevOps
Additional Job Requirements: This is an advanced technical position requiring the ability to work independently performing moderate to complex duties and in a team member role working under deadlines and operating constraints. Must have experience to provide functional/technical guidance; development and implementation of software defined infrastructure, automate tasks, and the following duties in addition to previous Level Definition requirements:
• Works on moderate to complex tasks in support of one or more projects.
• Works independently on small projects.
• Increased skill in multiple technical environments
• Creates and shares development estimates and operational requirements to enable accurate planning with realistic timelines.
• May serve as a liaison between client partners, IT, and vendors in coordination with project managers to provide technical solutions that address user needs.
• Analyze client operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to uncover opportunities for improvements.
• Participates Integrating solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
• Codes and documents custom test automation frameworks.
• Maintains new and existing object reference files.
• Builds automated deployments using configuration management technology.
• Documents and completes knowledge transfer to production support.
• Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production ready.
• Validates deployments.
• Assists in establishing requirements and automation for routine maintenance.
• Evaluate existing applications and platforms and provide recommendations for improving performance.
• Works with vendors to resolve problems and develop solutions.
• Participates in development of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures.
• Develops user guides and training documentation for systems.
• Evaluates new application packages and tools.
• Provides technical coaching and mentoring to less-experienced team members.
Years of Experience required to meet minimum qualifications: A minimum of four years’ experience required in any combination of the following:
• Experience in Telecommunications or Computer Sciences/IT field.
• Experience working in applications, systems, or IT operations.
• Working knowledge of two or more programming language.
• Experience with Automation Tools
Engineer, DevOps (Job Family) companywide) SScholl/VEsposito 3.2019
As of 8.2019 JD was set at Market Standards to 6 years exp. LMH 3.2021 dj 10.2020
Aligned to Market dj 10.2020
updated to include multiple business units:
• Comfort with frequent incremental code, testing, and deployment.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
Level of Education required to meet minimum qualifications: High School diploma or
equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering or related field required. In addition to minimum experience required, degree may be substituted with relevant work experience on a year-for-year basis.
Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and can contribute toward education.