BI Business Analyst
Hybrid Details: 3 days/week onsite – remote Mondays and Fridays
Duration: 11 months to start
Develops user stories and product backlogs for a domain of products. Owns the lifecycle for a portfolio of inter-related products and is an expert in multiple domains (e.g., GPO, Clinical, Workforce).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary owner leading client’s requirement-gathering and documentation for assigned projects
- Collaborates with team members throughout the requirements documentation process and drives requirements to meet needs outlined in the project scope.
- Create detailed requirements documents including: User stories, requirements writing, and change requests through our Azure DevOps system of record
- Creates project based documentation
- The ideal candidate will collaborate with the product owner, platform architect, technology leadership, and business channel managers to elicit and document business and functional requirements from multiple systems and clients.
- Contribute to the design of an application by defining needs and recommending solutions that will maximize the value delivered by the platform to stakeholders.
- Need excellent attention to detail, experience with software, ability to collaborate well, speak up when issues are noticed and work collaboratively to resolve. Must be able to prioritize well.
- Oversees the documentation of user requirements and translation of user stories
- Plans, conducts and oversees stakeholder interviews to gather requirements and/or understand current business processes. Develops and maintains product backlog(s) and guides others on dependent stories.
- Leads Agile ceremonies, driving the discussion for sprint planning and user story refinement, and participates in Scrum
- Clarifies requirements questions and dependencies across systems during sprint planning and testing.
- Leads or provides support to others during the user refinement ceremony.
- Acts with the Product Owner from inception to completion of a project.
- Oversees others in the fielding of questions from stakeholders/end users during user acceptance testing and the performance of triage.
- Considers cost effectiveness while conducting gap analyses to identify solutions that meet business requirements.
- Helps guide business owners and technical architects to set a strategic product direction and scope out project efforts.
- Provide direction to others as they collaborate with the development team to ensure designs meet customer requirements.
- Writes SQL queries to review application data to identify and triage discrepancies.
- Identifies inefficiencies and suggests product efficiencies as they relate to projects.
- Meets training requirements, follows established procedures, and proposes new procedures.
- Oversees the estimation process for work products.
- Works across team boundaries for reusability, standardization, etc.
- Trains team on standards and procedures.
- Relevant degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Agile business analysis required.
- Knowledge of Business Process analysis and diagramming.
- Agile Scrum business analysis experience with user stories and backlogs required.
- Excellent business requirements elicitation, analysis, and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of Data Analytics/Data Warehousing/Big Data concepts.
- Ability to understand complex business areas and applications.
- Knowledge of test methodologies.
- Working knowledge of ADO for requirement documentation preferred.
- Excellent listening, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Proactive organization skills.
- Knowledge of pharmacy and/or 340B products a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.