Opened in 1993, Twin Farms Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive resort that prides itself on offering exceptional service to its guests. Twin Farms- a renowned farm-to-table restaurant that serves gourmet meals made from locally sourced ingredients. Located in Barnard, Vermont, with a beautiful and peaceful setting, surrounded by over 300 acres of lush forests, meadows, and ponds. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, granting an opportunity to explore and appreciate the natural beauty of the area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS
Twin Farms Resort is looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about food, beverage and hospitality to join the team as a Kitchen Server. Our team of hospitality professionals strives to set new standards in service.
- The Server is responsible for ensuring the overall dining satisfaction of guests during breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as any special events that may arise. It is vital for the Server to create and manage positive relationships with internal clients as well as external clients. The Server reports to the Dining Room Manager, Morning or Evening Supervisors and Sommelier.
- The Server’s primary function is to tend to the dining needs of guests. Adequate training will be provided and the server is expected to follow the guidelines set forth in the training manual.
- The Server is expected to greet guests, describe menu items in a pleasant and informative manner, and answer general questions about food and beverage items.
- The Server is responsible for ensuring that the dietary concerns of all guests are accounted for and relayed to the kitchen staff.
- The Server is responsible for taking food and drink orders, as well as serving said orders in a professional and timely manner.
- Other daily responsibilities include but are not limited to: Stocking items as needed, Polishing silverware, and glassware, Bussing tables, Rearranging dining room as needed, General cleaning (Sweeping, mopping, removing trash, etc.)
- Assisting room services as needed
- The Server is responsible for ensuring that the dining room, common areas in the Main House, and service areas are kept professional and clean.
- Assist the Dining Room Manager in completion of projects as needed.
- The Server must be in the Dining Room, in a pleasant mood, dressed and ready to start their shift at scheduled time.
- Any other functions that would be deemed as “standard” for the position of server
- Must continually maintain a poised, positive, and customer-focused approach to all activity.
- Ability to work effectively and congenially with others as well as independently.
- Completion of food safety training, alcohol safety training, and orientation training.
- Requires valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Fine dining service experience preferred with knowledge of foods, food handling, bar practices, and fine wines.
- Excellent communication skills with strong verbal abilities and cooperation among teammates.
- Constant standing and walking with frequent bending, stooping, reaching, moving around, and carrying.
- Frequent lifting of light loads with occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
- Overtime hours may be required, especially during the summer and holiday seasons. Flexibility in shifting schedules as well as working weekends and holidays are required.
*Job description may be altered at the discretion of Twin Farms Management.
$16 - $20 / HOUR PLUS GRATUITIES
- Property Gratuities
- Paid time off up to 4 weeks
- Paid sick leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid overtime
- Paid health and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Daily Staff Meal
- Relocation Assistance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
About the Company: