Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long-term contract engagements.
Responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase better.
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Required Skills Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and QA Automation.
- Understanding of QA test methods and best practices e.g., risk-based testing, system testing, regression (no-harm) testing, performance/load testing, chaos testing, and exploratory testing.
- Strong technical competency in test automation tools with experience in Selenium, LoadRunner, Postman, and Linux commands and shell scripting.
- Experience working in the Microsoft suite of tools (Azure, ADO, GitHub, Teams).
- Hands on experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (GitActions).
- Experience in Acceptance Test-Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin language within Cucumber framework.
- Experience with No-SQL query writing abilities such as MongoDB syntax.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working knowledge of Agile development process and methodologies as an engaged member of a scrum team with excellent communication skills, including writing and reviewing Acceptance test criteria.
- Design, develop and maintain test automation documents, operational/procedural guides and development/implementation of Test Plans and Test Procedures, as required to support automation activities.
- Extensive experience in test development, including test management for web services, APIs, and web-based platforms.
- Ensure automation test framework can interact with and support a continuous integration development environment.
- Perform moderately complex SLA certification testing, resiliency testing, stress and load testing, disaster recovery testing, and chaos testing.
- Drive a continuous improvement mentality to deliver robust performance testing methods, improve testing strategies and scenario coverage.
- Leadership to champion multi-product (ecosystem) testing efforts.
- Help identify new approaches to automation and identify new tools that can help automate manual tests.
- Provide accountability for testing and quality assurance and communicate status regularly and effectively with development scrum team and business partners.
- Hands-on knowledge of test tools like Load Runner e.g, using traffic generators, Vusers, and writing scenario scripts.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis (identifying and localizing product hot spots or troubleshooting test set-ups with network resources and connectivity.
- Accurate capture and analysis of pertinent test results, interpreting performance metrics, and writing thorough test reports.
- Ensure that the final product satisfies the product SLA requirement and meets end-user expectations.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.