As a Data Engineer at Velosio, you will be responsible for providing guidance to customers in the assessment, structure, storage, integration, management, and use of data as a corporate asset. You will also support the deployment of our Microsoft-based business applications and migrations/integrations with other additional business apps in the enterprise market space as well as our SMB customers of size. You will provide guidance around the development of the intellectual property as it relates to industry vertical solutions through the use of the Power Platform, Customer Insights, Azure Synapse, and other related tools and technologies. The ideal candidate must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. Excellent written and verbal skills a requirement with comfort presenting and defending assessments, designs, approaches, and technology choices.
We have earned recognition from Microsoft as a top 1% performing partner worldwide and an emerging NetSuite leader. We have strategic independent software vendor (ISV) partnerships and a portfolio of solution and service offerings to accelerate what’s next for business.
Our mission is to enable clients to realize business value faster, simplify the process of deploying technology, acquire deeper data-driven insights, and explore ongoing innovation to drive business forward. We support the entire Microsoft Dynamics portfolio, Office 365 family and Azure services. Velosio is the only Microsoft Cloud Distributor that specializes in Dynamics 365 and is a prominent Microsoft Master VAR. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Velosio’s 400 employees serve over 4,000 clients.
Beyond our expertise, as a Velosio team member, you can leverage the Velosio award winning culture - a network of top-notch peers, day-to-day flexibility, career development resources and the largest incentive opportunities in the industry.
- Deploying Microsoft Fabric in client environments
- Developing and maintaining scalable data pipelines and building out / deploying new API’s integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborating with analytics and business teams to assess and improve data models that feed operational, financial, and business intelligence tools that drive increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Implementing Data Governance processes and systems to monitoring data quality, master data management, enhanced security, and redundancy by ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Deployed and conversant in all technologies related to data warehousing, operational data stores, data lakes, etc.
- Performing data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Working closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Defines company data assets (data models), spark, sparkSQL, and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models.
- Designing data integrations and data quality framework.
- Designing and evaluating open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
- Working closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategies for long-term data platform architecture.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 6+ years of increased focus on data
- 6+ years of SQL/Azure experience
- 6+ years of experience with schema design and data modeling
- 6+ years of integration/analytics experience
- Microsoft technical certifications.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Conversancy and expertise in:
- Microsoft Fabric
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Bricks
- Azure SQL
- Logic Apps / SSIS
- Power Automate
- Dataverse (Common Data Services)
- Web Services / JSON
- Microsoft Customer Insights
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience sourcing passive candidates across a variety of departments and various platforms.
At Velosio, YOU MATTER.
Due to our proven commitment to delivering an exemplary employee experience, Velosio was awarded Best Company Culture and Best Company for Women by Comparably in 2023, 2022 and 2021, in addition to Best Company for Career Growth, Best Perks Benefits, and Best Leadership Team by Comparably in 2022 and 2023!
Access the following link to see why 100% of current Velosio team members feel their company is invested in their career growth, 99% of current Velosio employees feel their manager cares about them as a person, and 99% of current Velosio team members look forward to interacting with their coworkers every day:
At Velosio, YOUR WELLNESS MATTERS.
We know one size doesn't fit all, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that allows our team members to create a personalized plan best suited for their unique needs, including:
- 3 Medical Insurance options with a company contribution to HSA
- 3 Dental Insurance options including adult orthodontics
- 3 Vision Insurance options
- PTO with added time with each year of service
- Remote working environment
- 401k Match 50% of the first 6%
- StayWell Program – a cash reimbursement up to $600 a year toward Wellness
- Quarterly Incentive Program