Sr Data Engineer, Oracle Apex (PL/SQL)
Sr Data Engineer - Oracle APEX
Syneos Health is the leading fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Every day we perform better because of how we work together, as one team, each the best at what we do. We bring many talented experts together across a wide range of business-critical services that support our business. Every role within Corporate is vital to furthering our vision of Shortening the Distance from Lab to Life®.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self-culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self-culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to caring for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental, and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Oracle Data Engineer to join our dynamic IT team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining Oracle database solutions to support our organization's critical business applications. The Senior Oracle Data Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze requirements, design efficient integration solutions, database structures, write complex SQL queries, optimize performance, and ensure data integrity. This role requires strong technical expertise in Oracle database development especially around data integrations with other systems, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Five to
Design, develop, and maintain Oracle APEX integration solutions to meet business requirements. Collaborate with business analysts and stakeholders to understand application requirements and translate them into efficient database designs and integration solutions. Write complex SQL queries, stored procedures, ETL’s, functions, triggers, and packages to implement business logic. Optimize database performance by analyzing query execution plans, indexing strategies, and tuning SQL statements. Ensure data integrity and security by implementing appropriate data validation rules and access controls. Perform database migrations, upgrades, and patching as required. Develop and maintain technical documentation including data models, schema diagrams, and standard operating procedures. Stay up to date with the latest Oracle technologies and best practices. Review and validate solution design and ensure it covers all the technical aspects.
- Coordinate with the offshore teams on the development activities and participate in solution design discussions.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned. Participates as a member of a high-performance team for targeted / strategic initiatives. Attends training or learning opportunities to broaden knowledge.
- Work on internal and external demos for various project POC’s.
- Work with data analysts to analyze and locate the correct data for data modelling purposes.
- Test Applications as needed and work with the test leads to analyze /address issues.
- Overseeing daily technical operations
- Coordinating with the software development team in addressing technical debt
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven work experience as an Oracle APEX data engineer/developer or similar role.
- Implementing Rest webservices to fetch and push data.
- Experience dealing with large data and developing complex application and have understanding creating data model, DDL and using Oracle Database 19c.
- Experience with data warehousing/data lake and ETL processes.
- Evaluate and validate solution interfaces, integration points and dependencies.
- Liaising with the engineering team for project completion
- Reviewing ongoing operations and rectifying any issues
- Understanding project requirements and developing detailed structure
- Implementing best practices and coding standards
- Proficiency in performance tuning techniques and query optimization
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) certification.
- Familiarity with healthcare or clinical research industry.
- GxP, Life Science domain knowledge, Clinical Trials
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position include a company car or car allowance, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, eligibility to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and individual performance, and flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $85,500 to $175,500. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.