XTIVIA - Data Engineer
This is a remote role (within the United States).
This position is full-time.
How you will make a difference
XTIVIA is actively recruiting for a Data Engineer with a strong background in AWS data technologies to join our data team. Responsibilities will include designing and implementing data lakes / lakehouses and associated data pipelines. The ideal candidate is expected to start on AWS technologies and in the long run will get an opportunity to work on Microsoft Fabric and Databricks technologies as well.
As a key employee, your responsibilities would include:
- Apply analysis, design, and problem-solving skills to build and maintain robust, scalable data pipelines that can ingest and process large volume of data from multiple data sources
- Utilize AWS services like Glue, EMR, Lambda, Kinesis, and others for data extraction, transformation, and loading processes
- Manage AWS data storage solutions including Amazon S3, RDS, Redshift and DynamoDB
- Implement automated data quality checks and monitoring solutions to ensure high data quality
- Explore and implement new AWS tools and services to enhance data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Assist with requirements gathering with customers and stakeholders and document the “Data flow” and “Business Logic/Validation rules” requirements using the “design” document template
- Manage your own workload and ensure timely delivery of your deliverables; escalate risks and issues immediately.
What you bring to your new team
To be considered you must show expertise in the following required skills:
- A minimum of 2-4 years of hands-on-experience developing and delivering solutions as a Data Engineer primarily in AWS technologies
- Must have strong experience in AWS cloud services, particularly data related services such as Glue (Spark, Data Catalog, Data Quality), EMR, Athena, Kinesis, S3, Aurora, RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB.
- Must have proficiency in building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Must have experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Must have excellent knowledge of and experience in Python for Spark development.
- Must have proficiency in writing / optimizing SQL queries
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential. The candidate must possess the ability to speak intelligently to client and internal team members and understand requirements, architecture, solutions related to Data Engineering
- Bachelors degree
How you add even MORE value
- Knowledge of Azure (Synapse, Data Factory) and Databricks technologies (nice-to-have)
- Related AWS certifications like AWS Certified Data Analytics or AWS Certified Big Data (nice-to-have)
- You are results-driven and work collaboratively with cross-functional development and business teams to design high-quality Data Engineering solutions
Get to know XTIVIA
XTIVIA is an innovative B2B technology enterprise solutions company committed to providing integrated technology solutions and services, delivering measurable results as a trusted industry thought leader for 30 years.
Our services include managed services and business solutions, like DevOps, CRM, and ITSM; database support and management; application solutions, including mobile apps; ERP solutions for GovCon and the private sector; and platform integration, with APIs as well as digital experience CMS solutions.
If you can imagine the business outcome, XTIVIA can create it with technology.
XTIVIA has offices in Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Missouri, Texas, and Virginia.
How we take care of our team members
For XTIVIA to recruit—and retain—the most experienced and talented people, XTIVIA offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Our employees are our corporate family, so benefits extend beyond our employees to include their families. We provide affordable medical, dental, and vision benefits. Other benefits include a 401(k) plan with match, company-paid disability and life insurance, voluntary life insurance options, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), identity and fraud protection, recognition and wellness programs. To promote a healthy work-life balance, XTIVIA offers team members flexible paid time off and remote and flexible work options, enabling you to spend time with family and recharge as needed without worrying about accruals. In addition, we encourage ongoing career development by offering paid training and certification opportunities. Our benefits are designed and focused around our culture and core values, treating people the way we would like to be treated. XTIVIA has been certified four years in a row as a great place to work.
This position has an expected salary range of $70,000 - $80,000.
You will also be eligible for the XTIVIA employee bonus plan.
Your compensation is based on your skills and experience - talk with your recruiter to learn more.
What We Promise
At XTIVIA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, parental status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. XTIVIA believes that diversity and inclusion among our team members are critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.