Lead\Senior Database Developer-Full Time Position
Junior, Senior level
Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties will be assigned to meet business needs.
- Lead database related projects including the analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of highly complex database solutions.
- Ensure delivery of high quality, highly efficient database code according to organizational needs and specifications.
- Have a deep technical understanding of the architecture, technologies and code base of the systems supported by the database team in order to participate in high level design and planning conversations.
- Attend shaping meetings and collaborate with other IT team members to collectively design solutions.
- Perform regular code reviews of other developer’s code to review for accuracy, scalability, performance as well as ensuring that work meets all defined acceptance criteria.
- Write scripts for creation of new database objects (Stored Procedures, Tables, Views, Functions, Triggers, etc.)
- Design, build, debug, monitor, schedule and troubleshoot end to end ETL solutions.
- Write Ad Hoc SQL Scripts for importing, exporting, or updating data on an as-needed basis, maintaining data integrity across all applications.
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance and make suggestions for optimizations.
- Ensure pristine data quality in all delivered database solutions.
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure coverage for off-hours and holiday support.
- Work closely with DBAs and other IT members to quickly identify and resolve production incidents.
- Follow all company change management procedures.
- Collaborate with QA Team to help define appropriate test cases and support all testing efforts.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation is created and maintained for all design and coding projects.
- Help to define, improve and enforce the use of database best practices and team coding standards by all team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of development in database technologies.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with SSIS required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral as well as good interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Highly proficient skills in the areas of database design, development and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to write highly efficient and complex SQL queries.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, debug, monitor, schedule and troubleshoot end to end solutions for data transformation (ETL)
- Highly proficient in database performance tuning and query optimization.
Nice To Have
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Merge Replication a plus but not required.
- Experience with PostgreSQL a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated scripting capabilities using Power Shell
- Experience working with databases hosted in AWS (RDS) a plus
- Experience with Python scripting a plus
- Experience with utilizing GIT for source control management a plus
About the Company:
SVAM International, Inc.
17 days ago
Last updated 17 days ago