Azure Data Engineer Specialist
Eaton’s Information Technology division is seeking an Azure Data Engineer Specialist to join our team. This position will be based at any Eaton facility in the U.S.
The position will be eligible for a hybrid work setup.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $101,250 - $148,500 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The application window for this position is anticipated to close on Friday, February 23, 2024.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a seasoned Azure Data Engineer to join our dynamic team and play a pivotal role in designing, developing, and maintaining our robust data infrastructure on Azure. As a Senior Azure Data Engineer, you will possess a deep understanding of Azure data services and technologies, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Azure SQL Database. You will also have extensive experience with Python, GitHub, CI/CD practices, and Azure administration.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining scalable, reliable, and high-performance data pipelines that seamlessly integrate with our existing data ecosystem. You will also be responsible for Azure administration. You will collaborate closely with business users and other data professionals to ensure that data is accessible, secure, and readily available for analysis and decision-making.
- Design, develop, and implement scalable, secure, and highly performant data pipelines using Azure data services, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, and Azure SQL Database
- Utilize strong Python coding skills to develop and maintain data pipelines, ensuring efficient data processing and transformation
- Collaborate with business to understand data requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Implement and maintain data quality checks, data cleansing processes, and data transformation procedures to ensure data integrity and consistency
- Develop and implement CI/CD practices for data pipelines to automate testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipeline performance, identify bottlenecks, and implement optimizations
- Manage and maintain Azure data infrastructure, including provisioning resources, configuring security settings, and applying updates.
- Collaborate with Azure administrators to ensure data infrastructure aligns with overall cloud governance policies
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Azure data services, technologies, and best practices
- Mentor and guide junior data engineers to enhance their skills and knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 6 years of data engineering experience on Azure
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
- ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work locations listed will be considered. Active-duty military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in data engineering, with a strong focus on Azure data services
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and In-depth knowledge of Azure data services, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, and Azure SQL Database
- Minimum of 3 years of experience and Proficient in Python programming language and experience with data manipulation libraries such as pandas and NumPy
- Minimum of 3 years of experience and Familiarity with CI/CD practices, Terraform, and experience with tools like Jenkins or Azure DevOps
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and Solid understanding of data modeling principles, data normalization techniques, and data warehousing concepts
- Minimum 2 years of experience and Experience with Azure administration tasks, including resource provisioning, security configuration, and updates
- Proficiency with the Snowflake platform. Practical experience in SQL, stored procedures, and ELT within the Snowflake environment. Skilled in constructing and managing Snowpipes and streams. Development of stored procedures and UDFs using Snowflake scripting. Monitoring of health, performance, and resource usage, with the implementation of necessary optimizations in the Snowflake environment.
- Azure Data/Platform engineers require a unique set of technical and soft skills to be successful in their role. Some key soft skills include:
- Leadership: A senior data engineer must be able to lead and mentor team members wherever required.
- Problem-solving: Must be able to analyze complex data engineering problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Customer service: Must be able to understand customer needs and work to deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Creativity: Think outside the box and come up with new and innovative solutions to data problems.
- Analytical skills: Must be able to analyze large sets of data, identify patterns and insights, and use that information to inform decision-making.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.