Entity Data Analyst
Entity Data Analyst- (3259652)
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity Inclusion, Integrity Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement Personal Growth, Teamwork Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
The Mass General Brigham Office of the Chief Medical Officer (OCMO) is seeking a data analyst who has a passion for healthcare data and will thrive as a member of an experienced, high performing and highly motivated team. This individual will possess a willingness to learn and an ability to adapt to the rapidly changing analytic and reporting needs of our system. The ideal candidate has both strong analytical skills and communication skills, as well as experience working with health care data.
Reporting to the Entity Analytics Manager, the data analyst will be a member of a cross-functional team that is responsible for developing new clinical data products using cloud-based technologies. The data analyst will have a dedicated focus supporting the Mass General Brigham entities and develop a strong understanding of the various workflows at the Academic Medical Centers (AMCs), Community Hospitals, and Specialty Care facilities.
The data analyst will be responsible for performing ad hoc and recurring analyses as well as prototyping code to contribute to the development of curated data models and to expedite dashboard development. The areas of focus include Quality and Safety, Provider Wellbeing, Community Health and Health Equity, Patient Experience, Credentialing, and Pharmacy and Formulary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a cross-functional team to understand functional product requirements and deliver on strategic data and analytics initiatives
- Develop subject matter expertise in workflows at the Academic Medical Centers (AMCs), Community Hospitals, and Specialty Care facilities
- Prototypes code to help aid in development of fit for purpose data models as well as sample queries to help expedite dashboard development
- Completes thorough quality assurance procedures ensuring accuracy, reliability, trustworthiness, and validity of work
- Functions as a subject matter expert for data sources within the OCMO scope of responsibilities
- Supports the development of technical and business definitions for all data products
- Performs ad hoc analysis of clinical data to support the team stakeholder needs
- Present analytical findings in a variety of formats (reports, PowerPoint, graphs, figures, tables) formulate recommendations, and effectively communicate results to non-analytic audiences
- Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity Inclusion, Integrity Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement Personal Growth, Teamwork Collaboration
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, informatics, statistics, or related field and an interest in healthcare and the use of technology to support clinical care
- 0-3 years of experience working with healthcare data
- 0-3 years of experience working at a hospital or specialty care facility strongly preferred
- Epic application or database experience is preferred
- Experience querying complex data structures using SQL is required
- Working knowledge of Azure, AWS, Snowflake or similar experience is preferred
- Relevant skills and experience may be substituted for job requirements
- Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize work independently, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and collaborate with team members and others throughout the organization
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
- Know of agile principles and experience of working on an agile team is preferred
- Practical problem-solving abilities, i.e. the ability to formulate hypotheses, test options and move forward in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong customer service orientation and the ability to translate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- No direct budgetary responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
If Onsite and/or Hybrid:
- Possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under the law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.