IT Data Solutions Lead BI Analyst
The MENTOR Network is now Sevita. We have a different name, but the same mission, and a renewed sense of purpose. At Sevita we provide home and community-based health care services and support for adults, children, and their families across the United States. Join us in work that matters.
- Responsible for discovery, design, development, testing, deployments and implementing core reporting architecture to enable appropriate automated, self-service reporting models using business intelligence strategies and software solutions with emphasis on PowerBI
- Understand Data warehouse and Data mart models to implement semantic layer designs for enterprise self-service reporting
- Utilize experience on various BI and data tools like PowerBI, Azure Data Engineering methodologies (ASQL, ADF, ADL, Logicapp, etc..), Snowflake, Azure DevOps to build the solutions and implement CI/CD change release strategy
- Work with key stakeholders in Operating Groups and IT Business Partner teams to ensure project delivery roadmap
- Create and publish training material for all levels of business users
- Conduct workshops for Power BI adoption and elf-service enablement
- Stay abreast of Power BI updates to enhance reporting capabilities
- Implement security on developed Dashboards in accordance with security and access requirements
- Work with Operations teams to minimize the production issues/bug fixes to improve productivity
- Procure, budget and maintain the necessary BI Licenses (PowerBI) to relevant users in Dev teams and key stakeholders
- Manage and implement the technical project delivery of overhauling operating groups end reporting and analytics across all business functions to enable automated self-service reporting and dashboards underpinned by a dedicated data warehouse/data marts, BI software, infrastructure and business processes.
- Develop and maintain processes which help minimize manual efforts and improve operational efficiencies’ in analytics space and team performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Develop and automate reports, solving for the Business Intelligence (BI) and analytical needs of a wide range of stakeholders
- Manage and implement multiple complex IT projects on time and on budget through a disciplined program management approach
- Establish department goals, objectives, and operating procedures to drive continuous improvement on system stability and project delivery
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify functional capability and technology gaps and develop a technology road map
- Provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects
- Gather functional requirements and work closely with engineering teams to deliver data-driven solutions to stakeholders
- Act strategically to consolidate and leverage existing applications to streamline business processes and reduce overhead
- Communicate effectively with senior management and all users of information services and system
- Assist with training internal and external stakeholders on utilizing reporting tools and analyzing results effectively
- Oversight and accountability for all data flows, reporting and data quality ensuring SLAs are met
- In the event an incident arises, manage the remediation and long term plan to address
- Ensures compliance with SOX processes and assists in the annual SOX audit.
- Liaises with vendor support on complex issues (Microsoft).
- Performs additional duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or related field required
- 10+ years of experience in Business Analytics tools developing reports and dashboards
- 5+ years in Reporting and Analytics using Power BI - M Query, DAX, Data Modelling, RLS
- Proven record of working with senior leaders to present value of data
- Demonstrate understanding of healthcare processes to translate into dashboards
- Excellent communication skills to translate business requirements into Dashboards and Reporting
- Experience working in Agile development environment with tools such as Jira and DevOps
- Demonstrated experience leading technology/infrastructure integration programs
- Demonstrated technical competence with the latest technologies (Azure, Power BI, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Azure/AWS Cloud, Devops (ADO), Snowflake, Mobility Security)
- Experience working with Microsoft Power BI Report Builder for paginated reports
- Experience with Azure services: Azure Blob Storage, Azure SQL Server, Azure Data Factory
- Experience in the development of enterprise-wide reports and analytics using industry best practices
- Understanding of and experience with Agile delivery and Scrum ceremonies
- Vendor certification (Azure Data Engineering, PowerBI certifications, Snowflake Certifications.) preferred.
- Expert in Power BI skills; data modeling, DAX queries, chart customization, deployment pipelines, embedding
- Expert with Power BI administrative tasks
- Ability to understand business domains to drive valuable analytics
- Expert SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL knowledge against a variety of databases like SQL Server, Oracle, Hyperion and Cache
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Team-oriented with deep empathy and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated creative problem solver
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Complex work adding value to the organization’s mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets