Data Analyst II
SHIFT:Day (United States of America)
Seeking Breakthrough Makers
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) offers countless ways to change lives. Our diverse community of more than 20,000 Breakthrough Makers will inspire you to pursue passions, develop expertise, and drive innovation.
At CHOP, your experience is valued; your voice is heard; and your contributions make a difference for patients and families. Join us as we build on our promise to advance pediatric care—and your career.
CHOP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CHOP is committed to building an inclusive culture where employees feel a sense of belonging, connection, and community within their workplace. We are a team dedicated to fostering an environment that allows for all to be their authentic selves. We are focused on attracting, cultivating, and retaining diverse talent who can help us deliver on our mission to be a world leader in the advancement of healthcare for children.
We strongly encourage all candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.
A Brief Overview
The Data Analyst II will join the Enterprise Data and Analytics team and will be responsible for empowering users with data across the institution, providing a unique blend of clinical, business, technical, and analytical expertise. The team follows a center of excellence model with analytics staff embedded throughout the enterprise to and crucial in utilizing data analytics insights to drive strategic initiatives, improve safety quality of care, patient experience, and streamline ensure efficient operations. The team combines business knowledge with data and technology to empower decision makers and believes that user-friendly, self-service, embedded analytics products can improve patient outcomes, optimize processes, and reduce costs. We believe in providing actionable insights which drive real, measurable, impact! The team is looking for creative problem solvers who are excited about joining a collaborative team to utilize data to transform CHOP into a data-driven organization; one that practices data-driven decision making and utilizes data to improve the experience of our patients, families, and staff.
The Data Analyst II is passionate about healthcare delivery in a patient care setting. A successful candidate is articulate, analytical, and a team player who understands the power of data analytics to drive change. The analyst enjoys coordinating with interdisciplinary teams to create solutions for improving operational and clinical decision making. The analyst learns quickly, works independently, and is relentless in overcoming technical, process, and organizational obstacles.
The Data Analyst II will support the strategic initiatives, operational reporting, and data analysis needs within a particular operational domain with minimal supervision. The individual will need to build relationships with key stakeholders, be an expert in multiple data sources, and implement sustainable solutions. The individual will also be responsible for modeling raw data sets into curated, reusable, trusted data sets which power analytics across the enterprise, partnering closely with the Analytics Engineering team. The individual is expected to be contributing to the team's knowledge base and improving on best practices. The individual will also provide operational support for organizational data needs such as metric definition and development, reporting, dashboarding, and adhoc analyses. Additionally, the individual will own the entire workflow of data associated with their domain: the data pipeline development, ELT performance, timely loading of data sets, and maintenance.
The department works approximately 80% remotely, 20% on site in our Philadelphia offices on an as-needed basis.
1. Individual Contributor
- Works with clinical teams and business stakeholders to gather requirements, develop metrics, retrieve data, develop reports, and ensure validity of results
- Contributes to projects and independently resolves data requests
- Creates appropriate data solutions (dashboards, reports, business intelligence tools, etc) and data analysis for the measurement of processes and outcomes
- Demonstrates data storytelling skills through outstanding presentation and communication to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner tailored to audience and customer's needs
- Codify reusable data access patterns to speed up time to insights.
- Perform Logical and Physical data modeling with an agile mindset.
- Build automated, scalable, test-driven ELT pipelines.
2. Team Player
Collaborates with enterprise data warehouse, data governance, clinical informatics and business teams on any issues relating to data quality, architecture or structure of data repositories impacting analytics. Develops and maintains appropriate, current status and documentation on projects and work products.
Contribute to creating best-practices for data use and embedding data-driven decision making in the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Master's Degree Preferred
- At least two (2) years of experience in analytics / business intelligence Required
- At least three (3) years of experience in analytics / business intelligence Preferred or
- Experience with data visualization tools preferred (Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, etc) Preferred or
- Experience with data integration tools: DBT, Informatica, MS Integration Services etc. Preferred or
- Experience working as a data analyst within a healthcare setting Preferred or
- Experience with clinical, hospital and/or financial applications and/or systems Preferred
- At least three (3) years of experience in analytics / business intelligence
- Experience with data visualization tools preferred (Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, etc)
- Experience working as a data analyst within a healthcare setting
- Experience with clinical, hospital and/or financial applications and/or systems
- One (1) year of experience working with at least one of the public cloud platforms such AWS/Azure/GCP along with Snowflake.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Strong SQL, Data Modeling and Data Warehousing fundamentals.
- Experience with data integration tools: DBT, Informatica, MS Integration Services etc.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python, R etc.
To carry out its mission, CHOP is committed to supporting the health of our patients, families, workforce, and global community. As a condition of employment, CHOP employees who work in patient care buildings or who have patient facing responsibilities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive an annual influenza vaccine. Learn more.
Employees may request exemptions for valid religious and medical reasons. Start dates may be delayed until candidates are immunized or exemption requests are reviewed.
EEO / VEVRAA Federal Contractor | Tobacco Statement