Configuration Management Data Analyst
Requisition Type: Regular
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Configuration Management Analyst
Position is onsite, is NOT telecommute or work from home etc.
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Configuration Management Analyst supporting all aspects of IT enterprise support activities. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator.
As a Configuration Management Analyst for the USSOUTHCOM Cyber Information Technology Enterprise Services (SCITES) program, you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a configuration management analyst who works within the Enterprise Service Delivery team to support all service delivery, operational, engineering, logistical, and lifecycle needs through a centralized database, as well as provide field-related support on projects.
GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career. Here a Configuration Management Analyst is involved with the day-to-day activities relating to examining, interpreting, and visualizing trends in data to generate insights that drive new business processes and refine existing ones. The Configuration Management Analyst works with the team to assess and improve data standardization and collection processes to prepare standard and ad hoc reports to assist senior management with decision making.
HOW A CONFIGURATION ANALYST SENIOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or personal initiative with an eye for driving performance and investigating and communicating findings to stakeholders.
- Define and document CI metrics throughout their lifecycle
- Gathering critical information from multiple stakeholders to specify and validate business reporting or data extracts using data mapping and data quality techniques.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, identifying areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions using data analysis and data profiling.
- Establishing and implementing CM compliance standards.
- Evaluating contracts and developing associated configuration management approaches.
- Effectively communicating insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Developing and implementing overarching CM procedures and establishing responsibilities, authorities, and plan approval levels.
- Analyze data and research issues through use of SQL and other query tools.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration, Information Technolgy, or a related field of study - preferred
- ITIL v3 or ITIL 4 – highly desired
- 5+ years of related experience in Configuration Management
- Experience w/ServiceNow
- Considerable experience in IT Operations, Business Administration, Project Management or a related field
- Good record-keeping and organizational skills
- Secret clearance required, ability to obtain TS or TS/SCI preferred.
- Location: On Customer Site
- US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays