Senior Data Analyst
pureIntegration is a technology consulting firm with 19+ years of experience servicing Fortune 100 clients headquartered in the DC area. We serve clients in the fastest-growing industry of communications, media, and entertainment.
We are looking for a strong Data Analyst to join our Ad Tech Transformation team. In this role, you will be collaborating with finance stakeholders and Pi business consultants. You will be responsible for taking data from multiple sources, normalizing the data, and identifying financial inconsistencies by identifying similar scenarios and performing comparisons. The data modeling, primarily Excel and PowerBI based, must be scalable and should be usable by the client with reasonable training and hand-off.
This role will be integral to meeting the analytics and deep data analysis needs of our customers. Our ideal candidate will have experience working with Excel, PowerBI, basic SQL, data visualizations/presentations, and be comfortable presenting to clients. If you enjoy working with data and interfacing with different stakeholders this position could be a great fit for you!
This position is a remote (in the U.S.) position and will be a 1099 position for a 3-month contract with a possible extension.
- Document reporting requirements, processes and validate data components.
- Design, test, and document processes, complex data analysis within Excel and PowerBI, basic SQL query knowledge.
- Perform data collection, analysis, validation, reporting, and visualizations to convey analysis and insights results.
- Extract and analyze data from various sources, including databases, manual files, and other data sets (both structured and unstructured), normalize and create supersets to perform analysis.
- Build logical action plans and document process in detail so that it can be confidently repeated.
- Demonstrate proficiency in BI and other presentation layer toolsets such as Excel and PowerBI.
- Identify issues, analyze available data and information, and recommend comprehensive process changes for an on-going process.
- Interface with multiple stakeholders to provide source data requirements.
- Provide relevant analysis (with supporting data) prior to and following any recommended changes, action plans, and process improvement recommendation.
- Ability to think outside of the norm of tabular data. Ability to correlate data to define a business narrative.
- 5-8 years of hands-on direct experience as a Data Analyst with strong Excel, preferably with PowerBI.
- Knowledge of relational databases query tools and/or statistical software is nice to have.
- Familiarity with Ad campaign data sets is a plus.
- Direct experience in documenting data requirements, processes, and validating data components.
- Experience in generating data quality reports and analyses to support root cause analysis of data quality issues is applicable and nice to have.
- Ability to consolidate large data sets and report to identify trends, correlations, inconsistencies/consistencies, etc.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively with client team members and other data analysts/engineers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and/or information sciences) is highly recommended.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to pureIntegration
pureIntegration provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: pureIntegration, Human Resources Department, 1801 Robert Fulton Dr, Suite 450, Reston, VA 20191. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to work (English/Spanish)
pureIntegration would love to hear from you - your career journey starts here!