The Disney+ Product Tech Analytics team is seeking a Data Analyst who will be an outstanding addition to our team. We partner with other teams across the business to turn data into information, information into insights and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company. The right person for this role loves problem-solving, even with incomplete information and is a good communicator; telling high-impact stories with data. If you are someone who gains personal happiness from transforming data into knowledge and driving business action, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
You will design innovative analytic approaches to measure success, test hypotheses, extract actionable insights, and develop recommendations to drive the performance of Disney’s DTC sports products and globalization program. You’ll work with sports product owners to understand merchandising strategies and help create data tools to advance these strategies. You’ll also work with content planning teams to understand and track the return on investment of subtitling and dubbing in different languages.
- Business Performance Reporting, Visualization: Provide support for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of the platform. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Use advanced techniques (statistical modeling, experimentation, causal inference) to analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns and uncover opportunities. Create a rich understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content and use these insights to then make recommendations.
- Opportunity Identification and Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will support forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance.
- Partnership and communication: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or related field
- At least 3 years of analytical experience.
- At least 2 years’ work experience using SQL
- Experience with Python/R or other statistical programming language
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g. confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills and experience presenting to diverse audiences.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Driven curiosity, high intellectual and analytical horsepower, passionate pursuit of analytics driven insights
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $98,000 to $131,300 per year and in Santa Monica, CA is $93,400 to $125,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.