Advancement Systems Data Analyst
The Office of University Advancement helps Belmont University achieve its mission by building a stronger community of support for the entire campus amongst all its constituencies. In collaboration with university partners, Advancement is leading the effort to prepare for the most ambitious fundraising campaign in the university’s history. Building on a track record of success, Belmont University is undergoing a period of growth and is actively increasing its institutional advancement capacity and capabilities so it can realize its full potential as a Christ-centered university in the thriving city of Nashville, TN. The Office of Advancement is led by Executive Vice President Dave Rosselli.
Belmont is looking for a proactive individual that can help us continually improve and enhance our Salesforce platform, along with a strong understanding of application server infrastructure, cloud computing, and a desire to keep learning. The System Analyst should be comfortable liaising with users and enjoy learning new business processes to translate them into technical solutions.
- Perform various data quality functions for data from multiple systems such as profile, cleanse, validate, and audit to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Provide analytical support on a variety of business initiatives and/or ad hoc analyses required by senior management and regulators.
- Provide regularly scheduled and ad-hoc reports from assigned business systems and develop reports and dashboards using Salesforce, SQL, Excel, and advanced reporting tools such as MS Power BI to deliver data and transparency to business partners and stakeholders. Knowledge of SQL and data querying languages.
- Salesforce configuration changes, including (but not limited to): Flow, fields, page layouts, record types, custom settings, dashboards, and reports. Additional tasks to include all aspects of user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, public groups. Understanding and history of engagement with SDLC standards.
- Monitor user adoption and acceptance along with providing user training and the creation of training materials.
- Providing end user support through the advancement ticketing system (Jira).
- The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Education: Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Experience: 1-3 years experience with Salesforce administration, SQL development, and cloud computing experience is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Interprets and seeks information, uses independent reasoning to diagnose the root cause of situations or issues, identifies and tests solutions and thinks beyond what is typical or customary. Uses information to determine benefits and impact in making decision and/or recommendations.
- Ability to present information to individuals or groups; ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others. Ability to impact and influence others to further the institution’s strategic objectives.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and basic databases and software. Knowledgeable in the use of OSI troubleshooting methodology and computing infrastructures.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to respond to high-pressure situations. Ability to thrive in an environment of hard work.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Vast Rewards of Working Here
In addition to generous health care and retirement benefits, Belmont offers flexible and remote working options, paid holidays, flexible time off and generous parental leave. Committed to personal and professional growth, we offer continuing education with free or reduced tuition and professional development opportunities to help employees grow and progress in their career all taking place on a gorgeous campus within a vibrant higher education community. Belmont’s advancement team is a highly collaborative environment providing opportunities to work with partners across campus and in the community to help fulfill Belmont’s mission. And, we like to have fun! Employees and their families can enjoy music, entertainment and athletic events at no or low cost.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person