Python Data Engineer - REMOTE
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, program evaluation, measure development, and survey research. We are in search of talented individual who is interested in a career as a Python Data Engineer in HSAG's Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The Python Data Engineer position benefits from HSAG's passion to leverage data-driven insights to drive meaningful improvement in the healthcare industry. The Python Data Engineer is responsible for leading the analysis of healthcare data using Python. The Python Data Engineer will also lead HSAG's efforts to convert SAS code to Python that will be utilized within a Data Bricks environment.
The Python Data Engineer position is a key leader responsible for leading the HSAG's Python-related analytic projects. The Python Data Engineer position will design and implement HSAG's SAS to Python conversion activities. Additionally, the Python Data Engineer will be responsible for leveraging expertise in Python to extract, transform, and load (ETL) healthcare data from various sources and to use Python to analyze these data. The Python Data Engineer will work with a wide array of data to facilitate data exploration and fulfill client deliverables, including (but not limited to) the following data types:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the Python programming expert for the HSAG Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Design, develop, and maintain Python scripts and applications for data manipulation, analysis, and visualization.
- Utilize Python libraries and frameworks such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib to perform advanced data analysis.
- Convert SAS code to Python for seamless integration into a Data Bricks environment.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines for efficient data processing and analysis.
- Optimize data workflows to enhance performance and scalability.
- Conduct code reviews and provide technical guidance to junior team members.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in healthcare analytics and data engineering.
- Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and customers.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Python programming experience.
- At least two (2) years of experience working with healthcare data.
- Expert-level proficiency in Python, with a strong understanding of its libraries and frameworks for data analysis and manipulation (e.g., Pandas, NumPy, SciPy).
- Solid understanding of SAS programming language and experience in converting SAS code to Python.
- Hands-on experience working within the Databricks unified data analytics platform with specific experience using Python to process, explore, and analyze data.
- Experience working with healthcare data standards (e.g., HL7, FHIR) and healthcare data interoperability.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and their application in healthcare analytics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212. If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
About the Company:
Health Services Advisory Group