At Enact Mortgage Insurance (Nasdaq: ACT), we understand that there’s no place like home. That’s why we bring our deep expertise, insightful offerings, and extra mile service to work every day to help lenders put more people in homes and keep them there.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer in Raleigh, NC to join us in fulfilling our mission, while utilizing our values of excellence, improvement, and connection. The successful candidate will serve as principal data analyst and processing architect for all IT-maintained operational, regulatory, and ad-hoc reporting systems and their business data repositories.
In this role, you will report to the Manager of Data Reporting & Analytics within IT’s Cloud & Data Engineering organization and be responsible for leading advanced work in the data engineering and reporting technical space. The ideal candidate will have expertise with infrastructure and software development solutions for data reporting and analytics and the ability to guide other engineers or developers while being capable of delivering day-to-day solutions.
WHY WORK AT ENACT
- We bring innovative thinking to the situations we encounter
- We seek out and incorporate diverse views to strengthen outcomes
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We offer competitive benefits:
- Hybrid work schedule (shared in-office days Tuesdays – Thursdays)
- Generous Time Off
- 40 Hours of Volunteer Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Family Leave and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with up to 5% employer match
- Fitness and Emotional Wellness Reimbursements
- Collaborate with other data engineers, cloud engineers, and business teams to support our technology strategy and architecture towards managing our operational data platforms including SAS, Oracle, Linux, Vistaplus, and Activebatch
- Devise solutions to address application and/or business requirements for data and tools needed for reporting, analytical, visual, and modeling uses
- Support all internal IT efforts related to software upgrades, platform rehosting, disaster/recovery testing, and security enhancements
- Lead the day-to-day aspects of our operational platforms, work with supporting infrastructure and tools, work with development teams, create new technical solutions, improve existing solutions with newer technologies, and play a hands-on development and design role in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Assist with requirements, designs, and integrations for strategic data platforms including Snowflake, Talend, Tableau, PostgreSQL, and S3
- Partner with the Data & Analytics Engineering, Security, Architecture, Application Development, and Systems Engineering teams to provide efficient and effective forward-thinking solutions
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent technical field
- Minimum 7 years of experience with reporting and/or analytics technologies support using base SAS software, Enterprise Guide, PCSAS, or Studio in conjunction with large libraries of SAS datasets
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Linux shell scripting, SQL query scripting or procedures, and automated execution processing
- Minimum 2 years of experience with electronic data transfers and security techniques
- Working knowledge of operating systems, networking, storage and other infrastructure technologies and concepts
- Demonstrated experience with team collaboration and technical documentation
- Demonstrated experience balancing conflicting demands or priorities
- Demonstrated experience researching or investigating data issues or problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- 3+ years of experience with insurance industry systems (underwriting, claims) and data
- 2+ years of experience with reporting technologies support for Snowflake, Oracle, Tableau, or Amazon S3 storage
- 1+ year of exposure to mortgage processing or data
- 1+ year of experience with Informatica or Talend
- 1+ year of Agile team experience
- Experience solving complex technical problems
- Experience working with Data Science teams
Enact Headquarters- Raleigh, NC (Hybrid)
Enact is a leading publicly traded U.S. private mortgage insurance provider, offering borrower-centric products that enable lenders and other partners across the U.S. to help people responsibly achieve and maintain the dream of homeownership.
By empowering customers and their borrowers, Enact seeks to positively impact the lives of those in the communities in which it serves in a sustainable way. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, we play an active role in supporting a healthier Triangle community. We also support our colleagues’ philanthropic efforts in their home communities across the U.S.
Enact values all perspectives, characteristics and experiences, and DEI remains at the forefront of what we do. We strive to create an environment where employees can bring their full, authentic selves to work to help each other and their customers.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About the Company: