Job Family:Data Engineering & Architecture Consulting
Ability to Obtain Public Trust
What You Will Do:
Our consultants focusing on data engineering and architecture help clients maximize the value of their data. These high-performing individuals work with clients to support the full spectrum of data analytics and data science services, from data querying and wrangling to data engineering, data visualization, dashboarding, and business intelligence (BI), to predictive analytics, machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI). Our services enable our clients to define their information strategy, enable mission-critical insights and data-driven decision-making, reduce cost and complexity, increase trust, and improve operational effectiveness.
- Provide data engineering services to support the mission of the Department of State and Library of Congress.
- Engage clients to define requirements, elicit feedback, and communicate results.
- Collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists, and data analytics professionals across our Defense & Security segment and provide data engineering services on cross-functional teams delivering other consulting services as well.
- Focus on client services, while also supporting business development, internal firm initiatives, and ongoing professional development in data engineering and consulting.
- Work as a data engineer and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) pipeline developer for various data types and file types.
- Work with data integration and data management tools and databases.
- Design and develop databases with Structured Query Language (SQL) and develop complex queries involving joins, subqueries, aggregation, indices, common table expressions, and query optimization.
- Move and manipulate data of different types and file types using Python.
- Provide and prepare data to enable analytics, data science, modeling, and machine learning.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of relational databases, columnar data warehouses, data lakes, NoSQL, and other storage types.
- Work in on-premises and cloud-based solutions.
- Write technical process documentation as needed.
- Communicate and present ideas, methods, and results to clients, and explain technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Identify and address client needs, build strong client relationships, and drive initiatives forward.
What You Will Need:
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a federal Public Trust.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant analytical and computational discipline.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and querying databases using SQL.
- Proficiency in developing complex data pipelines and ETL processes.
- Proficiency in moving and manipulating data of different types using Python.
- Strong understanding of different types of data storage.
- Experience working in cloud-based databases and architectures.
- Ability to support remote projects and hybrid on-site projects in the DC metro area.
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- M.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant analytical and computational discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with DevSecOps and container technologies (e.g., Docker / Kubernetes).
- Ability to code and debug stored procedures.
- Ability to perform data analytics and data science tasks in addition to data engineering.
- Experience supporting Federal organizations.
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Student Loan PayDown
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
About the Company: