Data Analytics Developer
JUVENILE WELFARE BOARD OF PINELLAS COUNTY
The Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County (JWB) has been making the health, safety, and well-being of our county’s children a priority for 75 years. We invest in partnerships, innovation, and advocacy to strengthen Pinellas County children and their families.
Position Title: Data Analytics Developer
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Pay Grade: 110
Hiring Range: $69,606.53 - $92,220.45 ~ Salary is commensurate with experience
This is a highly technical position that works closely with the Database Architect to develop and mature JWB’s enterprise level data warehouse and develop reports and interactive visualizations for decision makers. This position serves as JWB’s document repository administrator.
- Work directly with the Database Architect to receive direction, priorities, and work tasks for the development of JWB’s warehouse.
- Create and deploy SSIS packages for the purposes of integrating data from multiple external and internal sources into the data warehouse.
- Serves as the Laserfiche (JWB’s document repository) System Administrator, which includes managing permissions and licenses, creating and maintaining templates and workflows as needed.
- Create and deploy reports, dashboards and other presentations of data using SSRS, Excel Pivot tables and dashboard technologies.
- Schedule execution of ETL jobs and delivery of automated reports using the SQL agent and other technologies.
- Create and maintain tables, stored procedures, and other data structures in SQL Server.
- Integrate and document new datasets into the warehouse.
- Assist with data governance, quality and measurement through process testing and documentation.
- Gather and document report requirements for new and existing reports from business users.
- Create user documentation and train personnel on new application and reporting software.
- Participate and contribute with the JWB Data Analytics team and JWB Data Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, or other technical/information technology areas, or comparable experience with industry certifications and a minimum of four years’ experience working in Microsoft SQL server, SQL Server Integration Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Firm understanding of star-schema database structures.
- Ability to write SSIS packages to efficiently handle Inserts and updates.
- Ability to write SSRS reports.
- Ability to write stored procedures and functions for SQL Server.
- Ability to create and schedule SQL Agent jobs.
- Ability to create detailed documentation.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment and learn new content areas or acquire skills quickly when required.
- Display a professional attitude and work habits while working in teams and collaborating with others.
- Successfully pass a Level 2 background screening as required by Ch. 435 Florida Statutes.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- JWB staff shall reside within the Tampa Bay area. Currently, this is a hybrid-remote position but physical presence at the JWB office and/or other sites in Pinellas County is required to perform key responsibilities.
The Juvenile Welfare Board offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and participation in the Florida Retirement System among other benefits.
Applicants, please submit resumes by Monday, November 13, 2023 to:
Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County, Attn: Human Resources Unit
14155 58th Street N. Clearwater, FL 33760;
email: email@example.com or fax: 727-453-5610
The Juvenile Welfare Board is an equal opportunity employer.
The Juvenile Welfare Board is an E-Verify Employer. Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, receive preference and priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.
Applicants interested in claiming Veterans’ Preference please apply at:www.jwbpinellas.org
All applicants are advised that applications in Florida become a matter of public record upon receipt.
About the Company:
JWB of Pinellas County
Government and Military