Hybrid Details: Onsite
Duration: 1 year to start
General Statement of Duties
This temporary position seeks an individual to develop an in-house technology solution for the application and claims management process for the Federally funded Child Nutrition Programs (CNPs) to replace the existing CNP Connect platform. CNP Connect is currently managed by a third-party vendor and is accessed on a regular basis by LEAs, Childcare Centers, and agency staff for application, claims, grants, and reporting management within the CNPs.
Works under the supervision of a manager with wide latitude to exercise independent judgement. Work is subject to review on a periodic basis or upon completion for results achieved.
Generally none. May work as part of teams and in collaboration with others with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgement to achieve results.
- Gather requirements and gain familiarity with the existing Child Nutrition Program (CNP) Connect system to design and build a new CNP Connect platform for application and claims management of the Federally funded Child Nutrition Programs.
- Work closely with CNP staff to formalize a plan for development and enhancement of the CNP Connect system.
- Create, design, develop, modify, and implement new web applications that will be integrated, as appropriate, with existing agency systems.
- Develop test strategies and participate in the testing processes.
- Develop technical system documentation for each project being developed.
- Provide technical support to internal/external end users for the initial deployment period.
- Migrate data from the existing CNP Connect system into the newly designed application.
- Experience developing web services that are capable of securely transferring data.
- Experience designing a web interface with the .NET framework.
- Experience working with and manipulating large amounts of data.
- Skilled in object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Skilled in communications and interpersonal exchanges as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, education stakeholders, the general public, etc.
- Skilled in writing, maintaining, testing and debugging code in applicable programming languages.
- Five (5) or more years of related information technology experience that satisfies the required qualifications detailed above AND/OR: any combination of education and experience that is substantially equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.