IT Automation and Orchestration Engineer
Mid, Senior level
Duration: 6 months to start
- The IT Automation and Orchestration Engineer will work in collaboration with teams from Operations, Engineering, Development, Support and the business, you’ll establish a constant feedback loop that will ensure that our client delivers value in alignment with company objectives and deliverables that foster and evangelize a DevOps culture.
- Is knowledgeable of, and embraces, AI technologies appropriately as a catalyst to evolve business work flows and minimize redundant tasks.
- Works In collaboration with the core Information Security team, design cloud and on-prem infrastructure solutions to meet the client's security standards; partner with 3rd parties as needed/required.
- Work as a technical leader along-side internal customer, business, development and infrastructure team
- The successful candidate will be a creative, questioning, focused, critical thinker with a passion for finding better ways to do things and little concern for the status quo, able to communicate persuasively and professionally with technical and non-technical partners including senior and executive management.
- He/she will drive initiatives in infrastructure, platform and application deployment, management and configuration auditing and any other areas where automation can yield improved service delivery.
- This will require both traditional and Agile project management disciplines as well as strong team management skills.
- Collaborates with clients and/or internal teams to understand user needs; drafts initial proposal and design of software to meet these needs.
- Assesses feasibility of design and project parameters within time and cost constraints.
- Analyzes user needs and designs software for client use.
- Develops code and designs software applications based on user specifications.
- Develops APIs for integration between applications as needed
- Documents data architect and flows
- Modifies existing software to correct errors or improve performance.
- Challenges current processes and technologies by staying current with tools including ‘AI’
- Performs rigorous software testing based on requirements, business use cases, and clients’ feedback.
- Assists with software testing and validation procedures.
- Assists with software installation; ensures application operates within established specifications.
- Gathers and evaluates user feedback and then modifies software for better usability.
- Designs databases for specific application areas.
- Works collaboratively with teams to determine required system performance and deployment standards and hardware configurations based on IT policy and procedures, client specifications, budget, and other parameters.
- Collaborates with systems analysts, engineers, and programmers to design systems to support required applications.
- Advises clients on software maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proactively develops expertise in assigned clinical subject areas.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, business analysts and end users to define reporting requirements and goals.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of improved processes.
- Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment (CI/CD)
- Mentor colleagues and staff members in usage and administration of existing and new cloud and infrastructure technologies
- Define, automate and orchestrate IT processes across functional and technology silos that use disparate systems.
- Reduce the time it takes to deliver services.
- Enforce standards and compliance policies across departments
- Supports scalability, high availability and fault tolerance on the widest set of platforms to execute hundreds of processes simultaneously
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required.
- Five years of experience as software developer or engineer preferred.
- Familiarity with agile development, performance improvement principles and requirements gathering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of coding languages and systems.
- Ability to learn new coding languages and technologies.
- Experience with Visio and process mapping
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient experience in the following technical skill:
- Front End: Angular v9 +, Typescript, CSS
- Backend: Node v12+, AWS Lambda, AWS Aurora (MySQL)
- Other: AWS Cloud Formation (infrastructure as code), Github, AWS Cognito, Redox Middleware for HL7 / FHIR
- PowerShell scripting
- Web Dev including ASP.net programming
- Web Dev including ASP.NET programming
- Application Dev using C sharp.net
- Application Dev using C# with .NET framework
- Technical knowledge of Windows client server systems
- Certification in any relevant technologies is a plus.
29 days ago
Last updated 28 days ago