At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we are dedicated to providing our customers with friendly, personalized, high-quality financial services and products. Our retail division, Community Bank, N.A., operates more than 230 customer facilities across Upstate New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Vermont and Western Massachusetts. Beyond retail banking, we also offer wealth management, investment management, insurance and risk management, and benefit plan administration.
Just as our employees are committed to helping our customers manage their finances, we’re committed to our employees. After all, they make it happen for our customers every day.
To ensure our people can enjoy long and successful careers here at CBSI, we offer competitive compensation, good benefits, and professional development and advancement opportunities. As an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer, we celebrate and support a diverse workplace for the benefit of all: our employees, customers and communities.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of our current Azure cloud environment, and will design, engineer, deploy, and support new/advanced cloud technologies. This position will also work with our Application Development group. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of extensive enterprise experience with Azure cloud technologies to include virtualization, containerization, micro services, DevOps, infrastructure as code, automation, security, backup and recovery, database systems, capacity and performance monitoring.
The Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting all aspects of our Azure cloud environment that provides for highly available services, operational excellence, and leveraging Azure cloud architectural and operational advancements. This position will provide technical leadership and be a change agent in the architecture, design, configuration, testing, implementation, issue management, support, performance monitoring and documentation of the entire cloud environment to include policies and procedures establishment and enforcement.
- Collaborate with Systems Administration, Application Development, and key business users to identify operational issues as well as lead new opportunities in the design, development/configuration, deployment, capacity and performance monitoring, and sustainment of existing and new cloud services.
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of our cloud infrastructure, which includes the migration of on premise assets to our Azure cloud environment in conjunction with Systems Administration.
- Research and stay current with new or updated Azure product offerings and advocate as a change agent utilizing these capabilities.
- Provide cloud architecture services for both the Information Technology and Application Development groups encompassing IaaS, PaaS, and Managed services offerings in a technical leadership and cloud architecture role.
- Provide technical leadership in the design and utilization of containerization for business applications.
- Provide technical leadership and assistance in the design and utilization of micro services for application and system automation.
- Manage, administer and resolve Azure automation requirements to include new opportunities for automation.
- Provide technical leadership and establish comprehensive operational monitoring of Azure assets to include capacity and performance management.
- Co-manage and assist along with System Administration in the management, administration, security, and backup / recovery of Azure assets.
- Co-manage Azure network issues with Network Security.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures and internal controls, and meet all job-specific requirements in a timely fashion
Our ideal candidate is an experienced and talented architect and engineer of Azure cloud technologies, able to work with Systems Administration, Network Security, Information Security and Application Development groups. We are looking for an organized, accomplished, collaborative and self-starting technical leader, who is able to bring creative and innovative solutions to our team. This is a challenging position with opportunity for leadership and management growth.
Location: This position is remote within the continental United States.
- Minimum of 5 years of enterprise architecture, engineering, and administration of an Azure cloud environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of full lifecycle support of production cloud infrastructure, including migration of on premise assets to a cloud environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of directly supporting an Application Development team and/or a DevOps team using cloud technologies.
- Proven advanced experience in the design and utilization of containerization of business applications.
- Proven experience in the design and utilization of micro services for application utilization and/or infrastructure automation.
- Experience with infrastructure as code is a strong advantage.
- Experience in a DevOps environment is a strong advantage.
Established technical leadership in conjunction with strong interpersonal relations and communication skills is required. Analytical and problem solving skills involving multiple projects simultaneously is a basic expectation. Proficiency in the creation and maintenance of supporting enterprise Azure/cloud documentation is required (to include policies and procedures along with architectural diagrams and documents).
A degree in Computer Science or related discipline is desired but not required. Proven field experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable. This position is highly specialized to the Azure ecosystem, so enterprise Azure experience is the overriding requirement.
Min: USD $64,000.00/Yr. Max: USD $108,804.00/Yr. Other Job Information:
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus potential for annual merit increase. In addition to your competitive salary, you will be rewarded benefits including: 11 paid holidays, paid vacation, Medical, Vision Dental insurance, 401K with generous match, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, Banking discounts and the list goes on!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk or sit. Use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.