SHIFT:Day (United States of America)
Seeking Breakthrough Makers
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) offers countless ways to change lives. Our diverse community of more than 20,000 Breakthrough Makers will inspire you to pursue passions, develop expertise, and drive innovation.
At CHOP, your experience is valued; your voice is heard; and your contributions make a difference for patients and families. Join us as we build on our promise to advance pediatric care—and your career.
CHOP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CHOP is committed to building an inclusive culture where employees feel a sense of belonging, connection, and community within their workplace. We are a team dedicated to fostering an environment that allows for all to be their authentic selves. We are focused on attracting, cultivating, and retaining diverse talent who can help us deliver on our mission to be a world leader in the advancement of healthcare for children.
We strongly encourage all candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.
A Brief Overview
The Data Analyst will join the enterprise Data and Analytics team in the Center for Healthcare Quality and Analytics and will be responsible for empowering users with data across the institution, providing a unique blend of clinical, business, technical, and analytical expertise. The team is embedded throughout the enterprise to drive strategic initiatives, improve safety quality of care, and streamline operations. The team combines business knowledge with data and technology to empower decision makers and believes that user-friendly, self-service, embedded analytics products can improve patient outcomes, optimize processes, and reduce costs. We believe in providing actionable insights which drive real, measurable, impact! The team is looking for creative problem solvers who are excited about joining a collaborative team to utilize data to transform CHOP into a data-driven organization; one that practices data-driven decision making and utilizes data to improve the experience of our patients, families, and staff.
The Data Analyst is passionate about healthcare delivery in a patient care setting. A successful candidate is articulate, analytical, and a team player who understands the power of data storytelling to drive change. The analyst enjoys coordinating with interdisciplinary teams to create solutions for improving operational and clinical decision making. The analyst learns quickly, works independently, and is relentless in overcoming technical, process, and organizational obstacles.
The Data Analyst, under supervision, will actively contribute to projects and tasks with appropriate data. The individual will need to build relationships with key stakeholders, be an expert in multiple data sources, and implement sustainable data solutions. The individual will also provide operational support for organizational data needs such as adhoc and scheduled reporting.
What you will do
1. Individual Contributor
- Works with teams and business stakeholders to gather requirements, develop metrics, retrieve data, and ensure validity of results
- Contributes to projects and data requests from beginning to end
- Creates appropriate data solutions (dashboards, reports, business intelligence tools, etc) and data analysis for the measurement of processes and outcomes
- Demonstrates excellent data storytelling skills through outstanding presentation and communication to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner tailored to audience and customer's needs
2. Team Player
- Collaborates with enterprise data warehouse, data governance, quality improvement, clinical informatics and business teams on any issues relating to data quality, architecture or structure of data repositories impacting analytics. Develops and maintains appropriate, current status and documentation on projects and work products.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Master's Degree Preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools preferred (Tableau, Qlik, etc) Preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in at least one computer programming language or analytical programming language (R, Python, SAS, etc)
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of relational database structures
To carry out its mission, CHOP is committed to supporting the health of our patients, families, workforce, and global community. As a condition of employment, CHOP employees who work in patient care buildings or who have patient facing responsibilities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive an annual influenza vaccine. Learn more.
Employees may request exemptions for valid religious and medical reasons. Start dates may be delayed until candidates are immunized or exemption requests are reviewed.
EEO / VEVRAA Federal Contractor | Tobacco Statement