Sr Software Engineer
The Sr Software Engineer is responsible for the development (i.e. configuration and programming activities), architectural design, administration and support of enterprise applications. Performs database design and integration, systems analysis, creates custom reports, and provides support and assistance for system users. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives to develop new or modify existing applications. Designs, codes, tests, debug, and supports and maintains business applications and\or programs. Collaborates with development teams to define and drive best practices. Establishes and maintains effective vendor relationships to ensure continued support. Acts in a lead capacity to all Software Engineers by providing mentoring, guidance and subject matter expertise.
- Works independently, takes or no direction.
- Performs design specification application development, and then analyzes specifications and instructions to develop appropriate systems and programs.
- Collaborate with team on prototyping and other rapid application development techniques to help define system functionality.
- Conducts research, evaluates feasibility then implements new features, upgrades and modifications to assigned application systems.
- Defines application program interfaces to various databases.
- Performs integrated database design and directs design of database structure.
- Write and review code, working closely with team leads on coding guidelines and best practices.
- Review code for security vulnerabilities and correct where identified.
- Perform and verify software releases to various environments including production.
- Manage and maintain code base in a source code tool such as the distributed version control system (DVSC).
- Works closely with Solutions Architect and stakeholders to define and design technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates requests for new or improved software application functionality for websites, intranet and other applications with emphasis on business need and benefit.
- Designs web pages and applications, maintaining consistency with Bank standards and practices.
- Collaborate with product owners to refine and estimate relative effort level of User requirements.
- Provide mentoring to junior team members.
- Ability to represent the application development organization horizontally across the bank.
- Ability to fill in or represent the Director of Engineering when needed.
- Monitors applications system performance and recommends methods for improving efficiency through system and application design. Investigates, analyzes, and reviews performance problems and provides resolution using industry standard debugging methods.
- Provides production troubleshooting analyst and support.
- Evaluates workflow and software development life cycle methods providing recommendations for improvement.
- Recommends and implements new ways to service the customers.
- Makes oral and/or written presentations of system analysis, design and operational data in a clear, concise and non-technical manner.
- Communicates with users orally, in person and on the telephone to solve concerns and recommend alternatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6-8 years of experience required in software development, object oriented principals and programming techniques, source code management and documentation.
- Experience with SQL server in relation to application development required.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform preferred.
A reasonable, good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum base salary or pay for this position is $53.12/hr to $79.68/hr. Actual compensation will vary based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. A discretionary bonus and/or business line incentive may be provided, in addition to a medical and other benefits, dependent on the position. For more information regarding our benefits, please visit https://www.ppbi.com/careers.html
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)