IT Solutions Architect
USmax is seeking an IT Solutions Architect to support the Department of the Air Force's Information Management Directorate. Applicants MUST possess an ACTIVE Secret Clearance to be considered. The IT Solutions Architect will be responsible for providing guidance for activities related to the Microsoft 365 platform technologies and support cloud computing environments. This is a client facing role with a focus on support of engagements. The role will also help support best practices guidance for application developers of solutions deployed to cloud infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This positions main focus is on software solutions architecture.
- Advises on feasibility and selection of tools, architectures, software design, and system support, including enterprise databases such as Oracle, SQL Server and Azure equivalents. Provides strategic guidance on Microsoft 365 toolsets such as Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, and SharePoint Online.
- Provides architectural expertise for individual projects/applications to include development of products generated from DoD compliance standards such as FISMA, RMF, and NIST. Recommends common architecture and standards to managers and technical staff.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess, analyze, and synthesize the changing technology landscape and design innovative approaches in developing solutions at a project and organizational level.
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Candidates must have an active Secret clearance to be considered.
- This position is telework eligible, but candidate must be within 2 hours of Washington DC.
USmax Corporation is an award-winning SBA Certified Woman-Owned Small Business and leading provider of Innovative Professional, Technical and Enterprise IT services. Our client areas span International Development, Public Safety, Law Enforcement and Healthcare markets.
Our Commitment to quality and continuous process improvement is demonstrated by our CMMI-SVC ML3 appraisal, as well as ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2018, and ISO 27001:2013 registrations. We offer complete program life cycle support through a full range of planning, design, implementation, management, and support services. Our services based on trust, quality, efficiency, and innovation drive the mission of our various federal and commercial customers.
USmax embraces diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
USmax is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to: www.usmax.com.
USmax is certified by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Veterans Services as a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Facility and certified as a V3 Certified Employer. USmax is an avid supporter of the men and women who have served our country. This certification recognizes this achievement and furthers our commitment to veterans and their families.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and practices; experience working in Agile project environment.
- 10 years architecting and designing complex Windows Server-based/ Linux-based systems and hardware and software systems/solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft 365 Technology services and applications such as Power Platform, Power BI, AI/Robotics and other upcoming technologies.
- 7 years DoD experience.
- Azure Administrator Associate.
- Strong knowledge of and ongoing interest in emerging IT technology solutions and industry trends.
- Experience translating end state business and technology models into architectural blueprints including recommendation of third party components, definition of required custom components, and proper selection.
- Knowledge of architecture governance best practices and experience applying them to solve client problems.
- Experience defining the specific metrics which communicate the benefits of an architecture program to the business; tracking to what extent those benefits are being delivered on an ongoing basis; and identifying metric stakeholders and owners.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.