Schlumberger Technology Corporation seeks an Acquisition Automation Software Architect.
WORKSITE: 555 Industrial Blvd., Sugar Land, Texas, 77478, United States
JOB DUTIES: Responsible for utilizing knowledge of well-site acquisition software tools and processes to develop architectural contributions to projects in the critical design or evaluation phase, ensuring that the project addresses the business and integration objectives of the Product Line. Collaborate on and maintain the architectural artifacts for a project prior to feasibility launch, consisting of design model, architecture document, architectural bootstrapping session, assessment and working prototype of a candidate architecture. Ensure that the architecture addresses product development and business goals. Ensure product development team implements the product architecture properly. Responsible for the Acquisition Automation Software architecture, development, and deployment of the next generation wireline wellsite system, that enables integration and autonomous operation of downhole equipment and surface acquisition system. Work with multiple Schlumberger RD centers worldwide, applying knowledge of well-site acquisition software, equipment, systems, and technologies to develop cutting-edge software products that enable wellsite autonomous operations for Schlumberger. Running the wellsite, used to control the Schlumberger specific downhole and subsurface equipment and software, and the specific cloud applications used to deliver wellsite services to clients. Apply online at Jobs | SLB Careers
Telecommuting permitted 2 days per week
Minimum Education: Master's degree in Software Engineering or related field or foreign equivalent.
Perks And Benefits
Global adventure, broad exposure, and limitless learning await you. You'll be part of the most multi-cultural and diverse team of experts in any industry, anywhere.
Health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents available from day 1
Diverse And Inclusive Culture
Our exceptional and diverse people are the pulse and spirit of who we are. Every day, you will enrich your knowledge in an environment where differences in thought, creativity and experiences are embraced.
BlueFLEX offers you more flexibility for a better work-life balance and empowers you to continuously perform at a high level regardless of where you're working from. Check eligibility in job description.
ALL APPLICANTS FOR U.S. ROLES MUST CAREFULLY READ ALL THE SUPPLEMENTAL U.S. SPECIFIC INFORMATION LISTED BELOW.
SLB is committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) page for more information.
When certifying your application, you are also certifying on reading and understanding all of the below supplemental information. For purposes of the application and the below information, Company shall be defined to mean SLB. Please note that the below supplemental information and the employment application are NOT a contract.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY VETERANS
Company policy is to provide every individual a fair and equal opportunity to seek employment and advancement at the Company without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, veteran or military status, disability, creed, ancestry, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status or any factors protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are an “Equal Opportunity Employer". For more information please, refer to the latest version of "Know Your Rights" poster and the "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster" located here: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters. The Company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
- REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application or to participate in the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
- AUTHORIZATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
Pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all applicants who are offered and accept employment must produce documents establishing their identity and authorization for employment in the United States. These documents must be produced no later than seventy-two (72) hours after employment commences. In addition, all applicants who are offered and accept employment will be required to verify their employment authorization under oath by signing a USCIS Form I-9. Schlumberger is an E-Verify employer.
- APPLICATION CERTIFICATION
When applying to a job please read the application carefully before certifying that all of the answers you have given are true, accurate and complete. Ensure that you have read and fully understand the questions asked in the application. Unless noted otherwise, by certifying the application, you are also agreeing to and/or authorizing the following:
- You understand that any omission and/or misrepresentation of any fact from or on the application or during any interview will result in immediate rejection of the application, or if hired, will be cause for immediate dismissal.
- You certify that you have read and understand all the supplemental information listed on the job description page for the job that you are applying for.
- You authorize the Company to contact the education institutions that you have attended and for the Company to make any further investigations deemed necessary in connection with your application for employment.
- You authorize the Company to inquire about, investigate and obtain copies of any records which relate to you from your former employers and educational institutions.
- You release the Company and all affiliated persons and entities, as well as any person or institution that provides the Company with any lawful information about you, from any and all liability whatsoever resulting from any such lawful inquiry, investigation, or communication.
- You agree that if hired, you will review and become familiar with all the rules and regulations of the Company.
- You understand and agree that nothing in the application or supplement shall constitute an offer, a contract, or a guarantee of employment for a specific period of time.
- If hired, you understand that your employment may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time, at the will of the Company or yourself, for any or no reason.
- If hired, you understand that no supervisor or manager has authority to make an agreement to the contrary changing employment at-will.
- If hired, you understand that the Company and all plan administrators shall have the maximum discretion permitted by law to administer, interpret, modify, discontinue, enhance, or otherwise change all policies, procedures, benefits or other terms and conditions of employment.
- You understand that any application that is filled out will be in effect for 90 days from the date you certified it and, if employment is not offered within the 90-day period, you understand that you must reapply to be considered for future employment.
- You understand that your application for employment in no way obligates the Company to employ you.
- STATE INFORMATION
Please read below any applicable State Information. By certifying the application, you are also certifying that you have read and understood any applicable State Information that is listed below.
- ARIZONA APPLICANTS ONLY: To the extent required by applicable law, the Company maintains a smoke-free workplace.
- CALIFORNIA APPLICANTS ONLY: I understand the Company may obtain, without using the services of a third party investigative consumer reporting agency, public records pertaining to my character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living during its evaluation of my application for employment and, if employed, during my employment. By checking the following box, I waive my right to receive copies of public records obtained by the Company.
- MASSACHUSETTS APPLICANTS ONLY: Note that it is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
- MARYLAND APPLICANTS ONLY: Under Maryland law, an employer may not require or demand, as a condition of employment, prospective employment, or continued employment, that an individual submit to or take a lie detector or similar test. An employer who violates this law is guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine not exceeding $100.
- NEBRASKA APPLICANTS ONLY: By certifying the application you, hereby give consent to any and all prior employers of yours to provide information with regard to your employment with prior employers to SLB.