Almac Group is currently seeking a Software Architect for our Clinical Technologies division. The Software Architect will provide technical solution guidance, vision, support, and execution to business problems in order to meet corporate objectives. They will be apart of a fast paced and innovative Architecture team, driving both technical and organizational transformations, aimed at revolutionizing how the company sells, delivers, and supports its market leading IRT technology platform (IXRS 3) on AWS.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs analysis on business problems and exposes business significant trade-offs in order to properly align technical solutions with business objectives, architectural strategy, and company vision.
- Works hands-on with technology to deliver Architecture projects aimed to modernize, innovate, continually improve the architecture of IXRS 3.
- Evaluates future technologies and determines strengths and weaknesses of a technology and architecture; defines and recommends solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Provides guidance, consultancy, and oversight to product/platform delivery teams.
- Mentors staff on architectural concepts, principles, and approaches that are in alignment with architectural strategy.
- Provides consultancy to cross-functional teams across the organization in order to help them achieve their specific business objectives.
- Performs analysis and provides recommendations to address cross-functional technical and organizational challenges.
- Assists in increasing the productivity and effectiveness of the organization by defining standards and best practices in terms of software development and delivery.
- The incumbent must possess technical aptitude and the ability to analyze complex problems, explore potential solutions, and evaluate business-significant trade-offs.
- Superior communication skills including the ability to present ideas, analysis, and feedback to all levels of the organization, in group settings, as well as one on one.
- Ability to work with other team disciplines to collaborate on what is best for the business overall and not just on what is best for the individual team or stakeholder.
Required Experience / Education:
- 2+ years as a technical lead
- 5+ years developing software
- Expert-level knowledge on the Microsoft stack (.NET, .NET Core, C#, MVC, etc.)
- Expert-level knowledge of a cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Experience with distributed systems architecture, SOA, microservices, messaging, and/or Domain Driven Design.
- Excellent analysis skills for discovering and evaluating trade-offs and business requirements
- Strong understanding of software architecture principles and design patterns
- Demonstrated ability and interest in continued learning
- Ability to learn quickly
- Team or technical leadership experience
- High school degree or equivalent
Preferred Experience / Education:
- 2+ years designing and architecting solutions
- Experience with NServiceBus
- Experience leading and mentoring developers
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Science related field
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Hybrid work available for applicable roles
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 7,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at ADARequest@almacgroup.com to request assistance.
18 days ago
Last updated 18 days ago