Senior Architect - Development (Remote)
WESCO is looking for a Sr Cloud Architect to help drive Azure-based initiatives in collaboration with customers and IT. This includes, but is not limited to, the Azure technical engagement including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or proofs of concept, demos, and deployment input. The ideal candidate has experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud solutions. Five or more years of real-world architecture, design implementation and/or support of distributed applications designed to run in the cloud or across hybrid cloud and on-premises environments.
- Provide direction to the cloud CoE technologists and WESCO application and solution architects in developing the best, leading-edge cloud technology solutions to meet the needs of WESCO’s cloud transformation.
- Advocate for and drive the WESCO cloud initiative strategy
- Oversee the development of cloud reference architectures for WESCO
- Conduct Well architect reviews and create physical deployment architecture recommendations for workloads.
- Develop and maintain WESCO cloud standards for tooling, cloud services, cloud designs, and implementation patterns.
- Oversee the design and implementation of Azure Cloud initiatives and ensure they conform to WESCO cloud standards
- Document cloud solution architecture(s), including technical designs and diagrams.
- Oversee design and deployment of dynamically scalable and highly available services on Azure.
- Provide cost estimation of cloud workloads working with cloud engineering team.
- Oversee all areas of the CoE Technology Engineering function, including onboarding, security, engineering, and operations.
- Work in partnership with the CBO Lead to ensure seamless and matrixed inter-operability across the CoE.
- Partner with Information Security, Cloud engineering and application teams to work closely on developing cloud standards technologies that adhere to overall corporate policy
- Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong team leadership and/or project management experience with multiple simultaneous initiatives
- Strategic planning experience that adapts to communication between technical and business stakeholders
- Ability to identify and build a standard set of KPIs based on business and technical input from multiple sources
- Knowledge of IT compliance and risk management (security, privacy, PCI, PII, SOC-2, etc.)
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Continuous integration, deployment, and improvement concepts
- On premise to cloud platform migration experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure technologies and in services such as Compute, Storage, Databases, API Management, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, AKS
- Extensive experience with Azure DevOps or non-Microsoft equivalent technologies such as GoCD, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus etc.: Pipelines, Repos, Artifacts, GitHub Actions
- Extensive experience architecting and developing complex Microsoft platforms such as complex Microsoft Azure, AD, Exchange, Lync, O365
- Extensive experience in Cloud Computing to include migrations, large scale implementations and CI/CD
- Experience implementing unit tests or automation frameworks and experience with solution design/documentation and deployment with Azure
- Exceptional problem-solving and crisis management skills and ability to work independently/within a team
- Nice to have: SharePoint, Mobile Web toolkits, PowerBi or similar, ServiceNow, GitHub Actions,
- Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience in Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) concepts and implementation with Terraform
- Experience in disaster recovery testing and automation
Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
The expected salary range for this role is $129,336 - $177,837. This is the salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s compensation level within the range will be based on several factors, including but not limited to geographic location, experience, relevant education, qualifications, skills, organizational needs, and performance. This position may be eligible to participate in the company’s incentive plan. Wesco provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, disability insurance, 401k Plan, and Paid Time Off.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco") provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.