New Braunfels, TX
$100,000 / Year
The Software Engineer is an in-house technical expert with strong analysis and design skills for Rush Enterprises applications, making design, architectural and technical decisions about software in accordance with Rush I.T. goals.
Rush Enterprises, Inc. opens the door to the world of opportunity. We are a part of the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships in North America representing truck and trailer manufacturers. Our franchises include Peterbilt, International, Hino, Isuzu, Ford, IC Bus and Blue Bird. We offer a rewarding career as a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services.
- Primary responsibility will be designing, developing, deploying and establishing support documentation of Microsoft based solutions across a variety of distributed platforms.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle with other various business units and end users to help define, grow, enhance and implement workflow and web technologies for the long term.
- Develop solutions leveraging Azure services, including Kubernetes (AKS), Azure Function Apps, and Service Bus.
- Provide consultancy and support for all initiatives that have a need to integrate data or systems or other web resources into new or existing web applications.
- Support existing Microsoft based production solutions, including problem resolution, monitoring, performance management and capacity management.
- Thoroughly unit test development components to ensure features, functions and customizations are problem-free with minimal negative impact on members/users and ensuring systems are easily maintainable.
- Provide timely status and feedback to management, team leaders and project sponsors as required through clear and concise communication when providing guidance, responding to questions and setting expectations.
- Keep abreast of new technologies through formal and/or self-paced professional development and apply technical knowledge in solution delivery.
- Quickly grasp new technologies and applications to improve internal software development processes and implement creative solutions for the lines of business.
- We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 to 6 years’ experience in software design and development, utilizing web application applications, as well as be able to thoroughly design, code, and implement web-based applications in an intellectual and efficient manner; or comparable education and/or experience.
Software Development Skills:
Experience in designing, coding, implementing and supporting technologies around:
- Visual Studio
- ASP.NET WebAPI
- ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server
- Web Services
- Team Foundation Server
- Agile (SCRUM or Kanban)
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle process as it relates to Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Document experience designing, developing and delivering solutions using a wide range of enterprise applications, using custom and/or packaged product approaches.
- Strong knowledge of internet based infrastructure, technology and concepts in a large corporate web environment, with the ability to grasp quickly new technologies, applications and concepts, and apply them as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
This job posting does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their leader.
Minimum Pay Rate
Maximum Pay Rate
24 days ago
Last updated 23 days ago