AI Product Engineer
La Jolla, CA
$90,800 - $151,300 / Year
Junior, Senior level
Why Patients Need You
Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and faster, you will be making a difference to countless lives.
What You Will Achieve
The Intelligent Assistance Solution (IAS) Team, builds, delivers and maintains the products and platforms that enable Pfizer Business Units to maximize value from AI and Generative AI. We build advanced cloud-agnostic AI capabilities at a global enterprise scale that positively impact Pfizer business performance. Pfizer is accelerating the use of AI/Generative AI capabilities across our entire enterprise.
IAS Team seeks an AI Product Engineer who will be responsible for leading a portfolio of projects, products, and services. The role will focus on developing the product and service roadmaps for AI/GenAI products, while executing on portfolio of projects that deliver on the product roadmaps and mature the service offering across the enterprise. This position requires a blend of expertise across Machine Learning, Microservices Architecture, DevOps, CI/CD in a multi-cloud environment.
You will help us build and manage our data base management systems. Your technical skills will help us design, develop, analyze and install our database management systems. This will include working on database modeling design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. You will leverage your knowledge of data mapping, data mining and data transformation to design and develop databases. You will be relied on to determine data storage and optimum storage requirements. You will prepare system requirements, source analysis, process analysis and design throughout the database implementation.
As a Manager, you provide guidance to operational teams for managing projects. Your planning skills will help in preparing forecasts for resource requirements, and providing areas of improvement for products, processes or services. Through your comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of the discipline, you will also work towards advancing new concepts and methodologies. You will be able to take a leadership role to facilitate agreements between different teams. It is your hard work and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Responsible for delivering the architecture, technical and functional roadmaps for AI/GenAI products and services.
- Execute on various parallel efforts of delivery efforts in the areas of Generative AI, Conversational AI, Language Translation or Machine Learning
- Integrate and collaborate with different technical teams across Digital to drive overall service implementation and delivery methodologies.
- Act as a thought leader on emerging digital technologies for the team and other digital teams
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to a team of contractors.
- Lead and monitor program progress, eliminate barriers, and ensure effectively deliver the solutions to add values to our business customers.
- Act as a thought leader on emerging digital technologies for the team and other digital teams
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Pfizer Digital and Strategic Partners
- Provide guidance, lead/co-lead projects, manages own time to meet objectives and plan resource requirements for projects across the division.
- Project/Program Management for technology deliverables including planning, estimation, coordination and execution.
- Partner with other enabling functions to advance AI/GenAI capabilities.
- Work with the business, Digital stakeholders and partners/vendors to capture key requirements, translate them into projects in alignment using Pfizer s approved standards architecture and seek approval for projects following the standard governance processes.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience in development enterprise software solutions with at least 3 years of experience with AI/ML based platforms and applications; OR Master’s degree with three years of relevant experience; OR Associate's degree with eight years of relevant experience; OR Ph.D. with 0+ years of experience; OR 10 years of relevant experience with a high school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ Years of managing technical and software development teams
- 3+ Experience working in close partnership with data science teams.
- 3+ years of experience in usage of micro-services design patterns.
- 3+ years of experience building solutions in AWS (MS Azure and Google nice to have)
- Knowledge of tools and methods required to deploy ML/AI models and applications to production (MLFlow, Kubeflow, etc).
- Strong working knowledge and experience using Python including the following frameworks/tools: Pyspark, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch
- Experience of utilizing Rancher or other Kubernetes management tools such as GKE or EKS
- Experience building and managing production services using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN, VSTS
- Experience with database systems including one or more of the RDBMS (Redshift, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server 2012 above).
- Has owned systems and managed development of end-to-end applications.
- Has experience with production deployments of complex systems.
- Experience with an industry accepted, structured software development life cycle methodology.
- Experience supporting the development of complex software products including the deployment of multiple versions / releases of a large product.
- Ability to contribute to technical specifications and technical design documentation for the software development team.
- Experience working in teams to address software defect analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Proven ability in performance testing and optimization of developed source code for an enterprise business application.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with the software development team while driving software improvements.
- Ability to prepare and present concepts and vision (written and verbal) to the software development team, senior management, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator.
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Advisor/Consultancy: Provides well-informed advice, typically within a specific technical specialization, ensuring that it is properly understood and appropriately exploited, to enhance the effectiveness of significant activities. Provides advice on technical aspects of Conversational UI and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
Technical Acumen: Maintains knowledge of specific technologies provides detailed advice regarding their application, executes specialized tasks.
Thought Leadership Advocacy: Develop awareness of industry developments and best practices Provide thought leadership in emerging technologies as they relate to AI and Conversational UI
Presentation Skills: Ability to develop visually simple and appealing PowerPoint presentations and be comfortable with articulating and communicating with the right authority and messaging to a broad range of stakeholders
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work flexible work shifts and supporting projects across regions and time zones in India, Greece, East Coast and West Coast US.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Last Date to Apply for Job: 11/13/2023
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $90,800.00 to $151,300.00.* In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer’s Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 12.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life’s moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site – U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
- The annual base salary for this position in Tampa, FL ranges from $81,800.00 to $136,300.00.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
19 days ago
Last updated 19 days ago