Production Database Administrator
What You'll Get To Do:
CACI is looking for an experienced production Oracle Database Administrator to work on a CACI program, supporting the Force Management System (FMS) out of the Pentagon. CACI supports the program across a broad range of systems and software technologies. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding of Oracle Databases and experiencing perform all facets of maintenance (installation, patching, backup, recovery, etc.) and the proper performance tuning activities to ensure an optimal operating efficiency. In this role, they will have the opportunity to perform complex Oracle database administration assignments essential to the successful operation of the FMS Database Management Systems (DBMS). They will apply knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and perform database programming (PL/SQL) during their daily activities and support systems design (includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems of database design). They must also be able to apply their database knowledge and experience against the troubleshooting challenges that may occur. They will possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
More About The Role:
Serves as a database specialist responsible for activities associated with delivery of customer-defined systems and software projects; basic responsibilities include:
- Serves as the Database Specialist responsible for activities associated with delivery of customer-defined systems and software projects; basic responsibilities include.
- Maintains Oracle Databases in a RedHat environment.
- Performs database analysis, design and development, security support, and performance monitoring and tuning.
- Reviews and ensures integrity via standardized support tools.
- Ensures that assignments are performed in accordance with database administration guidelines, standards and procedures for database development, implementation, testing, and migration using best practices.
- Responds to complex customer-reported system problems in production, providing resolution or forwards concise descriptions to Tier 3 personnel.
- Reviews database design and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintains security and integrity controls.
- May develop stored procedures and/or triggers using PL/SQL.
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, and have an Interim Top Secret Security Clearance
- Flexibility to work non-standard hours.
- Oracle certification required, with ability to open cases with Oracle Support.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken and can convey technical information as necessary.
- Must be able to work with customers and management of all levels.
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter
- More than five (5+) years related Oracle DBA experience in a production environment
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems, or related experience.
- Proficient in automating, implementing, and supporting backup and restore operations using Oracle’s RMAN utility.
- Possess a working knowledge of Oracle’s Transparent Data Encryption technology for storage and network I/O
- Possess working knowledge of Oracle’s Advanced Security Option (ASO), Partitioning, Advanced Compression, Diagnostics Pack, and Tuning Pack
- Experience with: Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Advanced Replication, information exchanges (external interfaces),
- Acts independently to expose and resolve problems
- 8570 Compliance (Security + and Oracle Certification) Required
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.