Sr. Systems and Data Support Specialist
$75,700 - $126,300 / Year
Junior, Senior level
Why Patients Need You
Our manufacturing logistics and supply team makes sure that customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. You will help bring medicines to the world even faster by embracing challenges, imagining what’s possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
Working with a dynamic team of Logistics and Supply Chain experts, you will play a critical role in the activities involved with the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production or any other department. Your role would include planning, developing material requirements, scheduling, and managing material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and Production or RD.
As a senior associate, your focus on the job will contribute in achieving project tasks and goals. Through your domain knowledge and commitment, you will create a collaborative team environment for your colleagues.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
This position reports to the Sr. Manager/Team Leader Business Systems within the Supply Chain Operations (SCO) department and provides primary manufacturing systems level support to the E2E business areas Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, Finance and Procurement.
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues and business processes where system issues cannot be resolved by the site, assists in initiating system helpdesk requests and/or system break/fix requests.
- Additional duties include master data management and maintenance, training and implementation of changes following the appropriate documentation in compliance with cGMP.
- Active in reviewing current system configurations and business processes as required to drive both system and process efficiency improvements. Where SAP or applicable system enhancements are needed, actively works with site customers, Digital Partners and core teams to develop enhancement requests. Reviews new system functionality as required and conducts training to support enhancement implementations. Leads cultural change to use SAP and core solutions owned by the Business System team as tool to make business decisions.
- Works closely with site partners and Digital as required to manage system changes through document review, GCR review and approval. They can identify SME’s, coordinate requirements gathering and facilitate system training when system changes are made. They have a complete understanding of data within the various systems that they own.
- Works cross-functionally, partners with business users in various areas of the business to best understand the current process flow and identify areas for data quality improvements.
- Understands interdependencies and ensures integration with other teams as well as interdependent projects.
- Maintains Plant Operations Material Master data by inputting data into the SAP system and other Business Systems as applicable for new/existing products and make necessary changes to existing data for current products. This master data includes, but not limited to Material Masters, Bill of Materials, Classifications, Characteristics, Classes, Resources, Control Cycles and Setup groups.
- Maintains and update Product Master data including but limited to APO Matrix and APO SNP PPMs as required.
- Manage, Analyze and update master data for accuracy and integrity.
- Performs System Care activities for process orders, purchase orders and APO and ECC master data- providing reports to various departments to assist in analyzing data and maintaining accuracy.
- As needed creates and auto-broadcasts BI reports to cross-functional areas as business needs are identified.
- Performs first line troubleshooting/investigating SAP issues- tests and troubleshoots new transactions and enhancements.
- If/when appropriate make necessary corrections to the associated master data setup, with and performs checks to reduce issues.
- Performs, troubleshoots SAP access requests and provides access to necessary training.
- Escalates unresolved issues to Digital Technical Teams and works with support teams to identify and resolve.
- Monitors process order status/completion and communicates to Mfg. Operations to ensure orders are in expected status to allow timely MUV and LO allocation.
- Participates in the development of business reporting and provides accurate and timely information to management for business decisions.
- Develop, recommend and implement business process enhancements, as well as design and execute SAP queries as needed for data analysis, quality and governance.
- Support the implementation of local and corporate projects.
- Identifies areas of opportunity to improve effectiveness of the operations and works with the site colleagues on process to move projects through to completion.
- Assists in performing periodic reviews in respective systems as assigned.
- Ensures that technical knowledge is up to date, attends appropriate training.
- Assists with the development of standard work and business processes.
- Develops SAP Super Users with knowledge sharing and guidance.
- Builds long-term relationships with business partners and collaborates with diverse teams throughout Pfizer.
As a Sr. Systems and Data Specialist, you will demonstrate ability for the below:
- Leverage key stakeholders across DP, Quality, SCO, BT, and PGE to achieve goals.
- Mentors' others in development, design and system usage and functionality.
- Monitors system access requests to ensure appropriate access is given or denied for responsible systems.
- Monitors workload and guides fellow colleagues in a leader capacity. Engage in colleague development, including timely performance feedback and appraisal.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret, relate, and compare information from multiple sources and identify cause and effect relationships. Ensures solutions are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Represent the systems data organization in providing solutions to difficult issues associated with specific problems.
- Use functional knowledge and Pfizer-specific principles, theories, concepts, and practices to improve operations.
- Exercise sound judgment in anticipating priorities and potential conflicts to ensure deadlines are met and leaders are properly prepared.
- Represent as an SAP system SME and has a thorough understanding of master data up to and including SAP ECC, EAH (Enterprise Attribute Hub), SEM (Single Entry Management), GCRS, AMPS (MES), MBR (Modular Batch Record), Info Steward, Serialization, Discontinuance, KPA (Kalamazoo Product Activation), SAP MMWF (Material Master Workflow), Executes Mass updates and item adds including share point.
- Leads and/or develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity, innovation, and creativity. Ability to establish precedents and policies.
- Assist other sites and communities of practice. Subject Matter Expert for questions regarding new materials, process standards and assist with training to ensure they are on the right track. Provide job aides and share information.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 8 years of relevant experience.
- OR an Associate's degree with 6 years of experience.
- OR a Bachelor's with at least 3 years of experience.
- OR Master's with more than 1 year of experience.
- In depth knowledge and proficiency in SAP APO/ECC (WM, QM, MFG and PP) including S4 HANA, BOBJ or BI reporting, Intercompany Operations (PO’s, FLEX, etc.)
- Microsoft Office, InfoPath Design, Business Objects, SharePoint Design and Management.
- Previous experience in Drug Product Aseptic Manufacturing, Biologic Drug Substance Manufacturing, Planning, Supply Chain Operations and/or API Chemical Processing highly desired.
- Normal Office position can be remote with occasional travel to the site if /when required.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Nonstandard Work Schedule including supporting site outside of normal business hours.
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: November 28, 2023
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
24 days ago
Last updated 24 days ago