Data Engineer, Azure Databricks
Job Reference #
We’re looking for a Data Engineer, Azure Databricks to :
- contribute to our most ambitious and critical technology projects as we migrate our applications onto the Azure cloud platform
- design, develop, and improve the digital products and technology services we provide to our clients and employees
- apply a broad range of software engineering practices, from analyzing user needs and developing new features to automated testing and deployment
- ensure the quality, security, reliability, and compliance of our solutions by applying our digital principles and implementing both functional and non-functional requirements
- build observability into our solutions to monitor production health, help to resolve incidents, and remediate the root cause of risks and issues
- continuously up-skill, learn new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind
We are a global organization that values diversity, collaboration, engineering digital culture, and innovation. You will join the UBS Certified Engineer program which offers many learning opportunities. This is one of many strategic initiatives to drive engineering excellence.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- ideally 6+ years of experience in designing/developing data analytics and data warehouse solutions with Azure Data Factory (ADF) and Azure Data Bricks
- experience in designing large data distribution, integration with service-oriented architecture and/or data warehouse solutions, Data Lake solution using Azure Databricks with large and multi-format data
- ability to translate working solution into implementable working package using Azure platform and a good understanding on Azure storage Gen2
- ideally 5+ years of hands-on experience with Azure stack ( Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure DevOps)
- proficient coding experience using Spark (Scala/Python), T-SQL and an understanding around the services related to Azure Analytics, Azure SQL, Azure function app, logic app
- prior ETL development experience using industry tool e.g., informatica/SSIS/Talend etc.
- good to have knowledge in Kafka streaming Azure Infrastructure
- a proven track of work experience in cloud deployments (MS Azure preferred) in an agile SDLC environment, leveraging modern programming languages, DevOps, SQL and noSQL databases, and test-driven development
- a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent and you are a strong communicator, fluent in English, from making presentations to technical writing
“At UBS, we appreciate our Veterans and are committed to providing opportunities in Financial Services.”
We have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries.
How we hire
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements