Project Architect (Residential)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits thorough understanding of design philosophy of projects and provides input in developing a design strategy relative to assigned task or area or responsibility.
- Demonstrates creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops associated research and documentation for these solutions.
- Contributes to team effort through the spirit of cooperation.
- Demonstrates professional leadership qualities and ethics.
- Checks, coordinates and integrates work with other project team members.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of local building and zoning codes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Contributes to detailed preparation of design and construction documents during all project phases.
- Performs material and building systems research and participates in the coordination and preparation of project specifications.
- Reviews shop drawings and samples under periodic direction of an assigned supervisor.
- Develops responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc. under periodic direction of an assigned supervisor.
- Prepares punch-lists and field observation reports under periodic supervision of an assigned supervisor.
- Provides major input and management of project document control tasks.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree (accredited degree preferred) program.
- Licensed to practice architecture in the State of Florida is preferred.
- Excellent design and graphic presentation skills a must. Experience with Residential and Light Commercial project documentation is required.
- Computer skills in PowerPoint, Photoshop and Sketch-up a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years total hands on professional experience; experience in all phases of project work including preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents and supporting materials preferable.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and building codes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, word processing and spreadsheet programs required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital modeling and rendering programs, and Photoshop preferred.
- Interested in working with teams on refined architectural design.
- Three to five years of field construction experience, including detailing and coordination.
- Is actively pursuing or has achieved LEED professional accreditation.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, and three references for consideration.
All experience, references and statements related to your application or candidacy are presumed to be truthful and accurate and are subject to validation. Providing false or misleading information, or omitting relevant information, may be grounds for the withdrawal of any application or candidacy. References from former peers and colleagues, rather than the employer itself, may be deemed insufficient and additional information may be required. Design Management Company has sole and exclusive discretion to determine whether the information provided by a candidate is sufficient.
Design Management Company has over 20 years of networking, resources and experience in the interior design, architecture, construction and home furnishings industry, so we understand businesses and hiring needs. We specialize in helping interior design and architecture firms, showrooms and manufacturers find the best people to work for them. We have a proven track record of recruiting and placing top professionals within the Architecture & Design Industry. Nothing makes us happier than creating the perfect fit.
- Candidates WIN: We don’t match resumes to job descriptions, we match people to positions. We are interested in your professional development and career growth and want your next position to build on both!
- Employers WIN: We practically eliminate the possibility of a wrong hire while advising on current market trends, compensation packages and staff management.
- We pay referral fees up to $2,500 for referrals to talented candidates and employers who need to hire!
About the Company:
Design Management Company