SAIC is interested in hiring a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer for one of our programs supporting the FDA. SAIC supports the FDA and its scientists and medical reviewers in Scientific Computing which includes, technical and research aspects of bioinformatics, scientific software support, AI/ML, DevOps, and Big Data analytics. This position will support CBER in White Oak, MD.
Hybrid requires 1 day per work in office!
As the Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for implementing application solutions both in the cloud as well as participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the DevOps space.
- Implement scalable, resilient, and secure solutions in AWS and the private cloud, application containerization, Kubernetes for both AWS and inhouse hardware.
- Deploy updates and fixes, provide support for running app on the configuration level.
- Participate in automation initiatives to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and reduce hosting cost.
- Work closely with the Solution Architect, scientific and development teams for continuous improvement.
- Enhance and drive automation and "Infrastructure as Code" delivery.
- Deliver cloud projects in an Agile environment.
- Participating in technical discussion with existing potential clients and internal teams,
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex software and infrastructure issues and develop tools/systems for task automation in Ansible.
- BAU Support as needed for critical and escalated issue.
- Take responsibility for managing and upgrading DevOps toolsets.
- Maintain 100% automation coverage of core Insight build and deploy using cloud-native services and containers.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with AWS cloud services.
- Solid experience in designing and implementing complex DevOps solutions.
- Experience within cloud hosted environments such as Amazon AWS and Azure.
- Independent worker with the ability to collaborate with and technical and nontechnical cross functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working with the FDA or similar federal government entities highly desired.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree and 7+ years of work-related experience; 10 years of experience is highly preferred. A Bachelor's Degree and 9+ years of work-related experience can be accepted.
Degree fields include software engineering, information systems, computer science, engineering, science, physics, math.
- Must be eligible for a Public Trust under FDA regulations:
- Must have resided in the in the United States for at least 3 out of the last 5 years
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.