Data AI Services Lead
SAIC is a leading global technology integration company specializing in cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence solutions. We are committed to delivering innovative AI solutions that transform industries and empower businesses. SAIC is seeking a Data AI Services Lead to join our energized team as we embark on a large AI initiative.
The Data AI Lead is central to expanding data engineering capacity, addressing the growing demands of meeting Service Department/Defense Support Department (SD/DSD) and Combatant Command (CCMD) priorities. As the Data AI Lead, this individual will be responsible for developing and managing an integrated API infrastructure, focusing on designing, prototyping, testing, documenting, and publishing secure APIs. This role is instrumental in facilitating a shift towards a "data-as-a-product" model, ensuring a consistent and common understanding of data resources across diverse organizations and domains.
- Develop and manage an integrated API infrastructure for designing, prototyping, testing, documenting, and publishing secure APIs. These APIs will support data federation on-demand across unclassified and classified boundaries for Advana builders
- Sustain and enhance the data management and analytics platform currently supporting the DoD Federated Data Catalog, DoD Audit, the CCMDs through the Department of Defense Artificial Intelligence and Data Acceleration initiative (ADA), and other initiatives
- Lead comprehensive enterprise data acquisition, management, and cataloging services to support the rapidly expanding Federated DoD data catalog and the growing Advana user base
- Collaborate with data stewards to document, prototype, and deploy tools and processes for establishing semantic services. These services will expose ontologies to improve data understanding for assets within Business Analytics and across other DoD Data Fabrics
- Ensure that all data engineering efforts align with organizational policies, standards, and strategic objectives
- Lead teams in developing innovative solutions for data ingestion, processing, and distribution to meet evolving organizational needs
- Promote a culture of data-driven decision-making and continuous improvement within the organization
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active TS security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree and eighteen (18) years of experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar discipline. Master’s degree and sixteen (16) years of experience or PhD and fifteen (15) years of experience. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of education
- Strong background in data engineering, data science, and AI technologies
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python, R, Java, or Scala
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and their data-related services
- Understanding of data architecture, data modeling, and data governance principles
- Skills in developing and managing APIs and web services
- Experience with data visualization tools and techniques
- Proven track record of leading data and AI projects, ideally in a leadership or managerial role
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale data and AI solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.