SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) Business Unit, USG Mission and Information Technology Division, provides solutions and services supporting digital modernization programs in areas such as systems engineering, multi-cloud computing, cybersecurity, data science and analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, quantum computing, application development, SecDevOps, cloud network operations, and secure communications.
We are seeking a highly motivated Cloud Technical Expert to join our team and leverage their technical expertise by supporting PAC hybrid computing efforts by using knowledge of cloud computing environments in commercial and government organizations, as well as in relevant cloud computing related academic research. As an expert in cloud computing, you will assist the Government in achieving its cloud computing objectives by providing high-level recommendations and guidance based on expert understanding of cloud computing technologies and services.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Recommending architectural approaches to mitigate any potential cloud service performance boundaries
- Incorporating agency specific security requirements into cloud design approaches
- Redesigning legacy applications using a cloud native approach
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing technologies and services, and hybrid computing environments, in particular, to include use cases within commercial and government organizations
- Understanding of, and experience with commercially available cloud computing services such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) and emerging cloud services
- Thorough understanding of cloud service performance boundaries of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or similar cloud technologies
- Knowledgeable of cloud security implementation best practices
- Thorough understanding of cloud financial operations (FinOps) in application design and ability to recommend optimized approaches to manage IT costs
- Thorough understanding of cloud cost guardrail mechanisms and ability to develop and document guidance for implementation of cost control guardrails
- Education and years of relevant experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and twenty (20) years of IT experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and twelve (12) years of IT experience, of which five (5) years must be in a cloud environment
- Master’s degree in a related discipline and seven (7) years of IT experience
- PhD in a related discipline and three (3) years of IT experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.