Senior Google Cloud Computing Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Senior Google Cloud Computing Engineer with an active Interim Secret clearance or higher. The candidate will lead the SAIC Cloud One Operations and Sustainment DevSecOps Team focusing on site reliability engineering. The candidate will be part of a team responsible for the architecture design, planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One GCP environments. This team proactively maintains the existing GCP architecture and ensures adherence to service level agreement (SLA) metrics. We are continuously experimenting with methods to streamline performance, reduce administrative overhead and workload, and deliver a seamless user experience with our customers. This work supports the Cloud One program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data serving the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and other Government Customers. Cloud One facilitates the Government's efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF operations.
The position is 100% remote.
- Design GCP environments and topologies
- Guide and contribute to OS Sprint Planning efforts with planned maintenance work for each sprint
- Regularly check-in on team performance to identify issues and blockers
- Provide input to Sprint Reviews
- Provide GCP security and monitoring solutions implementation, including automated responses
- Maximize efficient use of tools and automation (scripting - Terraform, ARM templates)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling, and process inefficiencies
- Develop and maintain project and design documentation
- Develop and maintain process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and projects and responding promptly to requests
- Provide technical assistance and training to users
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and fourteen (14) or more years experience. Masters' and twelve (12) years or more experience.
- Additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Active Interim Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain a Secret clearance required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- Security + or equivalent DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification or higher
- At least two (2) years of experience in an Google Cloud Environment (AWS, Azure, or OCI cloud environment development and/or engineering will be considered)
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following:
- Knowledge and experience working with DevSecOps tools
- Experience creating, delegating and prioritizing tickets within an IT ticketing system such as ServiceNow or Jira
- Experience preparing technical documentation
- Experience working in a team environment with the ability to mentor junior team members
- Experience with other cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, OCI, GCP)
- Zero trust architectures
- Experience with automation tools including Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with containerization tools such as Kubernetes
- AF Cloud One Platform One development, engineering, operations and sustainment
- In-depth understanding of and experience as a cloud engineer with Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, storage, Active Directory, F5, Barracuda
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.