Site Reliability Engineer
SAIC has an exciting opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer to join a high-performance team that is spearheading our customers (VA) migration to the cloud. Tremendous growth opportunity working within cloud ecosystem and using cutting-edge technologies. Looking for an engineer who can work at scale and with autonomy, who can be a trusted advisor to our client. This is a 100% Remote role.
- Migrating on premise products to the cloud including Microsoft Azure Government (MAG) and AWS (GovCloud).
- Manage and control permissions in the cloud service provider for each FSC application, storage, and service being hosted.
- Implement, manage, and design monitoring capability of cloud architecture and cloud hosted systems and applications to ensure they are working optimally and that the hardware and software used by FSC are compatible with all appropriate VA and Federal policies and procedures
- Customer focused support of Product lines and Services.
- Manage and implement consistent and granular cloud infrastructure security to include system, requirements engineering, and capacity planning
- Assist in the development and maintenance of FSC cloud Infrastructure and Application architecture
- Adhering to best practices around cost, security, and architecture.
- Cross-collaboration with Engineers, Developers, DBAs and Product teams.
- Use of monitoring / telemetry tools for ensuring availability / reliability of systems.
- Test cloud software applications and systems to ensure they meet the necessary engineering requirements to work in an efficient, effective, and secured manner.
- Use and be able to teach how to use tools used during the DevOps lifecycle (Terraform, Jenkins, Azure, …)
- Develop the required documentation for the system and complete VA process.
- Promotes continual improvement of service line systems
- Leverages reuse and automation throughout the system lifecycle
- Hands on experience with multiple cloud service models within Amazon Web Services GovCloud and Microsoft Azure Government.
- Provide information and documentation to support operational and production readiness reviews, and go-no-go decisions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related technical discipline with 9+ years of experience
- 12 years of experience as an Engineer or similar role is heavily preferred
- 6 years of additional relevant experience may substitute for education
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust with Veterans Affairs
- Cloud - Expert level knowledge of the Azure and/or AWS ecosystems, at scale.
- Proficiency in Terraform and Ansible
- Create data flow diagrams, cloud security diagrams, transition architecture diagrams, and high-level architecture diagrams on Cloud Infrastructure, applications, and systems.
- Experience in all aspects of Software and Product Life Cycles (SDLC / PDLC).
- CI / CD - Creation of pipelines for managing delivery of software.
- Scripting - Experience with PowerShell, Python, BASH, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Container Orchestration - Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Development - software development experience in an enterprise setting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.