Enterprise Systems Architect
SAIC is seeking a talented and experienced Enterprise System Architect with expertise in Azure to join our dynamic team supporting the Department of Veteran Affairs. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and have a strong background in cloud architecture. As the Enterprise System Architect, you will play a pivotal role in managing cloud architecture projects with a focus on Microsoft Azure and knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will report to the product line Technical Director and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and clients to ensure the successful delivery of cloud-based solutions that meet our clients' business needs.
This role is 100% remote.
- Cloud Expertise: Utilize your deep knowledge of Azure and AWS to design and implement scalable, reliable, and secure cloud solutions.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate project risks, issues, and dependencies. Develop and maintain project plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Architectural Mapping: Review multiple architectures and make necessary changes to modernize and migrate to Azure or AWS cloud platform.
- System Modernization: Assess enterprise infrastructure to determine required upgrades to seamlessly shift from on premises to cloud platform.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay up to date with the latest cloud technologies, best practices, and industry trends. Identify opportunities for process improvement and innovation.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure that cloud solutions meet high standards of performance, security, and compliance.
- Technical Documentation: Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including architecture diagrams, technical specifications, and progress reports.
- Project Management: Lead the planning, execution, and delivery of cloud architecture projects, ensuring they are completed on time, and within scope.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with clients, business analysts, developers, and infrastructure teams to gather project requirements, define architecture, and provide technical guidance.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance per Department of Veteran Affairs' guidelines.
- Master's degree in a related field and 8+ years of experience is highly preferred; a Bachelor's degree in a related field and 10 years of experience can be accepted in lieu of Master's degree.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience working in VA Enterprise cloud architecture projects, with a focus on Azure
- Knowledge of AWS and cloud migration project.
- Strong understanding of cloud-native technologies, microservices, and containerization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work full lifecycle projects independently.
- Capability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Slack, Jira, Teams, and GitHub.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Project management certifications (e.g., PMP)
- Microsoft Azure and AWS certifications (e.g., Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect)
- Department of Veteran Affairs experience
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.