SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Java Backend Developer Senior to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
Remote 3 days / Onsite 2 days!!!
- Working closely with the tech lead and senior developers, the Senior-Level Java Developer will participate in the system architecture design, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for a java back-end application involving extensive Messaging and Transaction processing
- Hands on and be able to design and develop Java code as dictated by project requirements as needed and work with/mentoring junior team members
- Learn and adhere to the continuous integration, automated unit testing and other AGILE practices established within the team using the tools that are currently used by the team
- Diagnose and fix issues in existing application components as part of maintenance
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering field and 9 years of related experience
- 7+ years of strong Java J2EE/JEE design and software development experience including designing, developing, and documenting large-scale enterprise software systems
- 2+ years of working with Applications on Cloud utilizing serverless hosted services like AWS lambda
- Experience with NoSQL DBs like MongoDB, DocumentDB, DynamoDB etc.
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Spring Boot/AWS cloud experience
- Web /Micro Services
- SQL DBs (preferably Oracle)
- Messaging and Streaming Systems (SQS, Kinesis and Kafka)
- Extensive skills in JDBC/JPA/Hibernate and strong SQL skills is required for this position.
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate rigorous Unit testing as part of development activities is essential
- Gitlab/JIRA/Jenkins for CI/CD
- First-hand experience working with large project teams (working with the Federal Government a strong plus)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems
- Ability to develop and maintain components with stringent performance requirements
- Agile development experience a plus
- IBM MQ , JMS, EJB, MDB and other JEE technologies
- JEE Server experience (Weblogic\Websphere\JBOSS\etc.)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.