Business Intelligence Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer with experience in building dashboards and data/ETL pipelines and working with AWS QuickSight.
This is a 100% Remote role.
Key Responsibilities of this job include:
- Build dashboards in AWS QuickSight, Tableau and/or Power BI to visualize key performance indicators including cost, volumes and timeliness
- Build data pipelines in AWS Glue Studio or AWS Glue (as a developer)
- Provisions and manages appropriate data and visualization AWS services across multiple environments (Dev through Production); expertise with CloudFormations required.
- Manages all aspects of end-to-end data processing. Maintains analytical systems, verifies the accuracy of the data and acts as liaison with business
- Works independently as part of focused Analytics team to meet aggressive project schedules.
- Supports Scrum process, including daily standups, status tracking in JIRA, github code check-ins and reviews.
- Interacts with team members to improve our engineers’ tools, technology stack, and application performance and stability.
- Provides support to project stakeholders. Has strong knowledge of real time operations, transaction curves and data processing metrics.
Required Experience and Education:
- Must have a Bachelors and 6 years of experience, will accept an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience with the following:
Analyzing and interpreting data in Redshift, MongoDB, etc.
Must have Experience with data visualization using AWS Quicksight. Experience with Tableau, Power BI or similar is helpful also.
Experience with data modeling, warehousing and building ETL pipelines
Experience writing complex SQL queries
Experience in Statistical Analysis packages such as R, SAS and Matlab
Experience using SQL to pull data from a database or data warehouse and scripting experience (Python) to process data for modeling
- Must have working knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools (Jenkins, github), as well as AWS CloudFormations for configuring AWS services.
- Must have experience working with SQL queries and pulling data for clients
- Experience with the VA is preferred
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust with Veterans Affairs.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.