Back End Engineer, Attracting Hiring
Job Reference #
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients and partners – and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative.
We’re looking for a Back End Engineer, Attracting Hiring to:
- design, develop, and improve the digital products and technology services we provide to our internal clients and employees
- apply a broad range of software engineering practices, from analyzing user needs and developing new features to automated testing and deployment
- ensure the quality, security, reliability, and compliance of our solutions by applying our digital principles and implementing both functional and non-functional requirements
- build observability into our solutions to monitor production health, help to resolve incidents, and remediate the root cause of risks and issues
- continuously up-skill, learn new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients
- ideally 3+ years of hands-on experience in system design, application development and testing demonstrating a track record of delivering high-quality and reliable software solutions
- ideally 3+ years of experience in Java with an emphasis on writing clean, efficient and maintainable code.
- hands-on experience in developing applications using Spring framework
- proficient in building and managing APIs, with a focus on RESTful services and preferred experience with GraphQL
- hands-on experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka or RabbitMQ and a good-grasp of event-driven architecture
- experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or ElasticSearch including schema design, implementation and performance optimization
- experience with cloud services, preferably Azure, and the ability to utilize cloud resources in backend development including understanding of cloud architecture and deployment strategies
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
We have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries.
How we hire
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements